Chapter 28

Since taking out the last judge I'd been working on expanding my "business".  I wanted to see if I could get a vigilante in every state.  To me that was considered starting small but eventually I wanted to grow my network to the point that there would be a vigilante in every single city across this country to protect victims so there'd never be another Daisy.  I was training little Layla privately because I knew someday she'd replace me in this city.  She has the fire in her eyes.  She's too young to already have that kind of fire but it would turn her into a magnificent lady of strength.  

Alice Boudreaux and I were officially partners so I didn't have to carry the financial load all on my own.  She helped purchase properties that will someday house a victim from another area to set up their new lives here while my old complex will be where we hide local victims before moving them out of state.  Owen and Victor were also adding their money to our business for purchasing safe homes throughout the country.

So it's safe to say everything seems to be going well which is why the other shoe must drop.  What is the shoe?  Someone murdered an innocent man who had been accused of rape.  Yes, it can happen but it's important to remember that it's rare.  There's a reason I didn't go after this man but someone did and they set me up to take the fall.  They made it appear as if it was me that did it.  They strung his dead body up with a sign just like I would do.  Obviously they didn't set me up since they don't know who the vigilante is but they do want to turn public opinion against me.  Thankfully, those close to me know it wasn't me that committed this act.  Kevin and I looked into the victim ourselves and cleared him of guilt.  So Kevin knows that I didn't think him guilty.  Plus, I've never turned to murder even if Daisy's rapist did make me seriously consider it.  But that is neither here nor there.  I've never used that method.  I put out a message on my site reminding people I'd never resort to murder.  I then posted the evidence of his innocence online with a note that I'd already looked into him and cleared him.

It semi worked but obviously someone like me is going to have enemies.  There will be haters.  Whether it's people who worry I'll be after them, or people that don't believe in what I do, that only police should handle these matters even if the police do and court systems let the criminals go, they still don't ever believe someone else should take justice into their own hands, or people that hate me just because they want to.  Those people will never be swayed by my common sense so things have become a bit ugly.  Vigilantes walking the street on the watch for me.

A week later another innocent was murdered in my name and strung up for all to see.  I knew that Kevin, my guys, and I were going to have to solve this and clear my V position.

"Sang lets get out and do something to help you destress." Nathan said out of the blue.

"What's that Ginger?" I asked as I continued focusing on the video feed I was watching.

"I mean you're really stressed out right now.  You're watching that video for the tenth time and there isn't going to be anything new on it to help you catch the guilty party." Nathan said.

"You're right.  Ok.  What did you have in mind?" I said after taking a deep breath.

"Start with a run and then maybe some kickboxing if the run doesn't help?" Nathan suggested.

"Ok yes, that sounds good." I said with a decisive nod.

I went to my room to change into my shorts and a sports bra with my matching running sneakers.  It was April now in New Orleans which means it's already hot outside.  It also means my graduation is coming up.  I was finally almost done with schooling which is just another stress in my life.  I met up with Nathan and we got into his vehicle to head to the gym.  Once we reached the gym we warmed up before going on a run.  As we ran I looked out of the corner of my eye and saw Nathan eyeing my figure up appreciatively.  The last few months he's been flirting with me and changing the relationship between us.  He caught my eye and winked before passing by me.

"Come on Peanut.  Keep up with me if you can." Nathan said.

I grinned before kicking up my speed and passing him.  Once I was past him I began running at full speed until I reached the gym doors and darted inside.

"Looks like I win and you lose!" I said while panting once Nathan made it inside too.

"It's time for some boxing now so we'll see if you're still the winner after this." Nathan said with fire in his eyes.

I went into the locker room and got my gloves from my locker and then met up with Nathan inside a ring.  Once the fight started it was immediately on.  We weren't pulling any punches.  After fifteen minutes we were both still going strong with no winner in sight.  Nathan went to kick me and I dropped below his leg and swept his other leg out from under him before pinning him.

"Give?" I asked with a twinkle in my eyes.

"Do you give?" Nathan asked back as he flipped us so that I was pinned.

I could see the lust in Nathan's eyes as I wrapped my legs around his waist and arms around his neck.  I brought his face closer to mine and brushed my lips over his.

"If you want me  you'll have to try harder than this.  Take me on an actual date Honey." I whispered against his lips before sliding my tongue along his lips.

Then after that tease I pulled away and flipped him again and pinned him.  I was now in a position that he couldn't get out of and he tapped out on the mat. 

"So how about a date tonight?" Nathan asked.

"You're on lover boy." I said as we both stood up.  

I put my gloves back in my locker and we left.  Nathan dropped me off at home before leaving to get ready.  I went with a simple dress that can be considered dressy or casual so it'd be appropriate for whatever he had planned.  He took me to one of our properties that will someday belong to someone but for now is empty.  In the backyard there was a sheet hanging with a projector.  There was a blanket laid out with delicious looking food.  Nathan had me sit while he started the movie and then sat down with me.  Soon one of my favorite movies Dirty Dancing began playing.  I squealed happily as I settled down.  Once we were done eating Nathan cleared the food away so we could lay down comfortably while watching the movie. 

You should have seen it coming in 3, 2, 1....

I cuddled up against Nathan while watching the movie but I could feel Nathan's fingers gently stroking up and down my arm breaking tingles along the path that he stroked.  I knew when we were boxing exactly where this was ending up. The sexual tension between us was so thick it could be cut by a knife.  I began to play the same game and my hand dipped under his shirt and began lightly tracing a pattern along his skin until I felt him tremble and grinned.  Nathan used his other hand to cup my chin and draw my head up and then his lips were on mine hungrily.  We began kissing with all the tension we had between us.  Nathan growled as he rolled on top of me his knee coming between my legs.

Sean has casually mentioned the other day that Nathan's STD test is clean so I felt no concern as I began undoing his jeans and let out a growl of my own.  I bit down on Nathan's shoulder as I ground my core against his leg.  I got his jeans undone and began pulling them down at the same time his hands were under the skirt of my dress pulling my panties down.  He thrust into me right when I had the time of my life began floating through the night air.  We found a rhythm and he began pounding into me harder to pick up the intensity as I dragged my nails down his back.  He bit down on my lower lip as he pulled my lips open and his tongue entered my mouth.  Then he began circling my clit  while kissing me and thrusting into me.  I could feel myself heading towards an orgasm as I wrapped my legs around Nathan's waist much like they'd been earlier.  As the orgasm hit me I began letting out a keening sound as I hit the highest peak of my orgasm.  That's when Nathan let go and reached his own orgasm.

We calmed down for a half hour before Nathan helped me up.  We cleaned up and then went back to his apartment where we spent the rest of the night giving into wild passion. 

A/N: Taylor's No Body No Crime gave me the idea of a V hater wanting to bring her down by framing her.  I have no clue how I'm going to play this story arc out yet as all I did was come up with the idea, no plan.  But it's in motion now as is Nathan jumping on the Sang ship.