Chapter 35 - Can't get away

I wake up to my phone buzzing rapidly.

I pick it up and groan. It was Damon.

"Going with Rose to meet a friend and talk about Elijah, get ready, you're going."

I groan. "Damn it Damon."

I get up and get ready.

Just as I'm finishing my hair, Damon enters, not caring.

"Eleanor! Come on!" He calls out.

I exit my room and glare at him, arms crossed, while he grins.

Rose looks embarrassed.

"You ready?" He asks.

"Yup." I roll my eyes and slide my phone into my pocket, following him out the door.

Rose gets in the back and I get into the passenger seat, Damon drives.

"I just wanted to say, Bonnie is okay, we had to make it believable for Klaus." Damon informs me.

"Oh?" I say, as he starts the drive.

------

We had the radio on, and Damon noticed one of his favorite songs came on, so he started dancing.

I look at him and pretend to not be amused, but in all honesty I was.

Rose shakes her head and sighs, as we pull into a parking garage.

"We're here!" Damon says as he pulls into a parking spot.

"Finally." I sigh as I step out of the car.

Damon suddenly pins Rose to a support beam by her throat.

"Now if you are setting us up in any way, I will tear your heart out and shove it down your throat, Something I'm very good at!"

"Damon!" I scoff, as he lets go of her.

He sighs, and we follow Rose into the building.

"How are you not burning alive?" I ask.

"Special windows for those without daylight rings." Rose answers.

"Hm." I shrug, as she walks up to her friend to greet him.

"Hey Rose!" He hugs her briefly.

"Hi."

"Where is Trevor?" He asks.

I bite my lip, Damon does the same before answering for us.

"Elijah knocked his head off."

"Oh.." He says, before motioning us to sit at a table by the window. Bad Idea, bad.

"So, about Elijah, anyone know anything out of the ordinary?" He questions.

I pull out my notes and put them on the table, and pull out my pen to add something.

"I know that there is one way to put them down, but getting the means for it is signing a death sentence." I explain, clicking the pen closed.

"What?" Damon looks at me, and now I realize all eyes are now on me.

I sigh. "There are these daggers, if you dip it into white oak ash, it creates a weapon that can put down an original."

"Oh, well where is it?" Damon asks as if I know the answer.

"Probably with Klaus and his siblings." I say.

"Did you say siblings, plural?" Rose asks.

"Yup, he has many, Elijah one of them." I answer.

"How many?" Damon groans.

"4, well, 2 of them died 1,000 years ago, ome from the plague and the other from a werewolf, before they were turned." I say.

"Oh god." Damon sighs.

I glance out the window for a moment, before looking back at the paper, and then noticing I saw someone and look back.

I see Elijah tossing something back and forth between his hands.

"Anyone sitting at this table should go to a room with no windows." I warn.

"What, why?" Rose's friend asks.

"If you look out the window you'll see an Elijah about to crush the window." I tell them.

And I was right, Elijah must of noticed me looking at him because he smiles as he tosses the quarters directly at us through the window.

It smashes with force and Rose and her friend start burning.

They scream and I grab her and run out of the room and back into the parking garage.

By the time we're back to the car Rose's burns were pretty much healed.

"How the hell did he find us?" Damon asks with anger and shock.

"I don't know!" I reply.

"We gotta find those daggers." He says, and I nod.

So sorry about the lack of updates. Ily all🖤