Chapter 46 - Murder fail

We get to the parking lot and see an inordinate amount of people.

"What's this?" I lean to ask Damon.

He shrugs.

"Cafeteria flooded." Matt says.

"Oh, wow." I say, Will it be cleared out?"

"Not in time for h-"

Matt is interrupted by Tyler's voice, and everyone went quiet.

"Homecoming at my house!"

Everyone roars in excitement, before filing to their cars to head to his house.

"We still going?" I ask.

Damon nods, " We still have an original to kill, besides, now there will be cheap booze."

I roll my eyes, and walk into the direction of his car, which we'd come in.

--------

We make it to the house and see a classical highschool party in the works.

"I officially do not want to be here." I say.

"Keep an eye out for anything or anyone suspicious." Damon and I part ways, as does the rest of the group.

Elliot finds me amongst the crowd again.

"Eleanor, I think Klaus is hosting this party."

"At Tyler's house?"

"Yeah, Tyler's sire bond still exists. Maybe he thought we were less likely to show if it was at a teenager's house." He explains, "Even better, I think Klaus knows we're going to kill him."

I practically choke up the few sips of beer I'd drank, "How would he know about that?"

He shrugs, "I heard him talking to one of his hybrids, he said he had a plan to ensure that if he died, Stefan and Damon would too."

"He's bluffing." I say, more for myself.

"Maybe," He says, "But I think we should call it off, I don't want to risk it."

I nod, and go to look for Damon.

--

I see him standing in the corner of the yard. I approach him.

"Call it off." I tell him.

"What? No! We are this close!"

"Klaus has a plan ensuring your's and Stefan's deaths in the case that he dies." I explain.

He shakes his head, removing his back from the fence, "He's bluffing!"

"He could be," I say, "But it's Klaus, he always has something uo his sleeve, and I don't want to risk it."

"I'm not calling it off." He says, and he walks off.

"Damon-" I sigh at my plead. It was no use.

He was already gone by then.

(Narrator POV)

As Damon had entered the house, he started to look for the original that had cause him and the ones around him so much pain.

Where could he be? He thought.

Klaus had been talking with one of his hybrids.

"There's a guest looking for you at the entrance." She said to him.

Klaus sighed, "Tell them I said to wait a moment."

"He said his name was Mikael." She told him.

Every organ in his body felt like it was flipping around inside him, and he felt his heart beating inside his throat.

"We shouldn't keep him waiting after all." He painted his usual smug grin on his face and walked toward the main entrance.

What stood before him was someone he'd thought not about for a long time.

Before him stood his father.

"Hello father." He'd put on a brave face, even though it was rather easy to tell he was terrified.

"Hello boy."

(Eleanor's POV)

I shoved people aside trying to find him.

I see Klaus and Mikael talking, Mikael holding Elena.

"Go on, kill her." Klaus says.

Mikael chuckles, "Your impulse is the one thing that stops you from being truly great."

He plunges the pocket knife into her spine.

Klaus lets out a gasp.

Everything inside me sunk about 10 feet.

After a bit more conversation, she gets up.

"Katherine.." Mikael mutters.

"In the flesh."

She throws 2 wolfsbane grenades at the hybrids.

I feel a whoosh behind me and I turn to see Damon on top of Klaus as he screams in agony.

Damon pulls the stake out of Klaus, presumably to stab him in the heart.

As if on instinct, I shove him off Klaus and hold him down?"

What are you doing?! I hear him hiss, but I didn't let him go until I heard Klaus plunge the stake into his father's heart, rendering the stake useless.

I get off him, and see Klaus directly behind me.

"You saved my life." He says.

It takes everything in my not to roll my eyes, "Not like I had a choice."

He holds in a chuckle, "I guess I owe you one."

"Release Stefan from his compulsion." I say.

He nods.

Stefan had entered the room, beholding me having a civil conversation with Klaus.

"Stefan," Klaus walks up to him, and starts releasing him of it.

I turn around and see Damon had left.

I didn't care if he'd be mad at me for the rest of our neverending lives, I was just glad he'd be alive to do so . . .

Hello my Violets! I'm so sorry there hadn't been uploads. ✨Boarding School✨

Anyways I left and this story was at almost 3k, and now it's approaching 10k, thank you so much🌺