Chapter 13 - Back to Square 1

And you're all caught up, well, mostly, I may have left a few details out.

Which brings me to now, back in highschool, with my brother, still running from the originals.

It's the first day of school, I decided with Jr. Year, mainly to keep an eye on the dopplegänger to make sure Klaus doesn't get to her, I didn't want the poor girl to suffer the same fate as my good friend Katherine.

I walk past the office and see someone all too familliar.

"Who is that?" Elliot whispers to me.

"Stefan Salvatore." I whisper back.

"Gross." He mumbles, he does not like Stefan Salvatore.

Since he's younger, he had to be a sophomore, but hey, he can make friends with Jeremy.

"Are you sure you want to do this, El?" He asks me, not wanting to go back to highschool.

"We're hiding in plain sight, this is smart." I say, trying to assure myself more than him.

"Until word gets to Klaus and his psycho family that there is a Petrova Dopplegänger, then we get found and slaughtered." Elliot sighs.

"It wont, we'll be fine." I say.

The bell rings.

"Have fun." I tease him.

He rolls his eyes, and walks into his class.

-------

"And that is why we have founders in Mystic Fa- Stefan and Elena, am I interrupting you?" Mr. Tanner glares at the two high schoolers.

They were staring at each other, and now at the teacher.

"No." Elena says awkwardly.

The teacher rolls his eyes, and continues the lesson.

-------

It was lunch time, and I see Elena and her friends, along with Stefan.

I walk over to their table.

"May I sit with you all?" I ask them, to which Elena smiles.

"Sure."

I sit down in the empty seat next to a blonde girl with pretty green eyes.

"I'm Caroline, that's Bonnie, and that's Elena, oh, and Stefan." The blonde introduces me to everyone.

"I'm Eleanor, it's nice to meet you all." I introduce myself.

"It's nice to meet you, Eleanor." Elena smiles.

We all get into conversation about random things.

-----

It was the end of the day, and as I was making my way towards the exit to wait for Elliot, Stefan walks up to me.

"It's been almost 2 decades since we've talked." He says.

"It's good to see you too Stefan, how are things?" I greet him.

"It would be better if you came to the bonfire tonight." He grins.

I sigh playfully. "Fine, I'm bringing my brother though."

He nods. "Hope to see you both there."

He walks off, as Elliot walks up to me.

"We're going to a bonfire tonight." I tell him.

He scoffs. "What, no! Absolutely not!"

"Elliot, if this is going to work, we're going to have to do normal, human stuff, like go to bonfires." I explain.

He sighs. "Fine."

----------

Okay I know this is a Damon Salvatore fanfic and there has not been a lot of Damon Salvatore, but I wanted to do this so I could follow the storyline of tvd so I don't make so many dry chapters. You will be seeing Damon Salvatore soon, rest assured.

Anyways, ty for the support🖤