Chapter 25 - Twisted Memories

I looked over to Enzo, smiling.

He was my humanity.

"Eleanor, what do you think the new guy will be like?" He asks.

"Prideful, probably, salty that he got captured, but then soon that will turn into misery, but that won't last long either, as you'll never let that happen." I answer, happy to have a great friend like him.

"What do you think he'll be like?"

Enzo's face falters, and goes robotic, yet vengeful.

I think he'll be great, at first, but then he'll end up being selfish and betray us.

The entire room suddenly bursts into flames, Enzo still keeping that eerie sad face.

"I think you'll start to love him, and then he'll leave us to burn, breaking your heart, and turning you into someone just like him, and you'll leave me too."

-------

I wake up, gasping for air, my face wet from tears.

I swear I will see him alive again. Even if he hates me for not being able to help him.

I check my phone.

Stefan

          "It worked, he can't get out."

I smile at the message.

Flashbacks to earlier that day.

He was about to take a sip of his drink, but then he pours it to the floor.

"Vervain in the bourbon? Really?" He looks at Stefan and I in disappointment.

----

I pulled her aside for a dance, she was drunk so she did not question it, nor did she question it when I spiked her drink with concentrated Vervain.

----

He bit into her neck, and for a second it was nice, until he collapsed from the vervain entering his system.

She was safe now.

----

I threw his limp body into the cellar, snatching the daylight ring from his finger.

----

End of flashbacks.

I get up and walk downstairs, to see a note on the counter.

"Meet me at the cemetery once you wake.

-A."

I put the note down and decide to go, whatever threat it is shall be taken care of.

I throw my coat on and a pair of boots, and head down to that location.

----

I enter the cemetery gates and see nothing.

I keep walking down the path to the graves, but still no one.

"Hey bestie!" I hear someone whisper from behind me.

I turn around and see April, someone I've dearly missed.

I hug her. "Why a cemetery?"

She pulls away. "I needed to warn you this in private."

I look at her, my eyes asking her to elaborate.

"Word about your dopplegänger is spreading, before long he'll come to town, and then he'll see you and your brother and kill you both."

I nod.

"But other than that I came to say hi." She smiles.

"I missed you El."

"I missed you too, I keep having these dreams about Enzo, which is making me think something is up." I sigh.

"I've been working on getting him out." She assures me.

"I know, it just, what if he hates me?" I ask.

"He won't, you're his best friend, he loves you." She tells me.

I nod, and we move onto more happy matters.

-----

-----

-----

-----

I enter the Salvatore house and just hear utter chaos from the lower floor.

I see Caroline fleeing for her life, Damon tailing her.

I grab his arm.

"Let's not!" I say rather loudly.

She makes it outdoors where Damon cannot go due to his missing daylight ring.

He scoffs, yanking his arm away.

"Daylight ring please." He smiles, as if I'd just hand it to him.

"I don't have it." I smirk, walking downstairs to clean up whatever mess they made.

The sight I encounter is still imprinted into my mind.

I see Stefan crouching over a dead Zach.

"Ohmygod-" I gasp, bending down to his side.

"He's dead.." He mutters.

----------

Next chapter comes the tomb vamps

I will be leaving a lot of stuff out, as I do not want to drag the story along.

Let me know if y'all want Enzo back early too.🖤