Chapter 21 - Just how far he'll go

We walk back down the stairs to see the blood all over the kitchen floor.

"You guys seriously didn't do that?" I ask, worried.

They shake their heads no.

Anna starts chuckling.

"I hate you both." I scoff and walk out of the house, leaving them to laugh at their triumph.

------

I enter the Salvatore boarding house to see Stefan, and I find Damon in the living room drinking bourbon.

"I see you're having fun." I look around.

"I am." He replies.

"What's the deal with Caroline?" I ask him.

He looks up at me. "We may have hooked up a few times?"

"And about the scarf on her neck?"

"We got kinky?"

I glare at him. "Leave the poor girl alone, she's 17, she doesn't need to be involved in all of this."

He groans. "Leave me to my business with the Blonde, she won't get involved, promise."

He pats me on the shoulder and walks out of the house.

I shake my head and pick up his glass of bourbon and drink what's left of it.

------

Time skip

It was the night of the football game, and I was not looking forward too it.

I was headed with Stefan to the field with the rest of the boys for the game when Matt approaches us.

"What you did back there for Jer, that was nice of you, and I'm sorry for being such a dick at practice." Matt says.

"No problem." Stefan replies, and Matt walks off, leaving us behind.

We hear clapping and turn to see Damon.

I roll my eyes, and Stefan groans.

"Stefan joins the team, makes a friend. It's all so- Rah Rah Go Team!" Damon teases.

"No, not tonight, we ain't doing this." I say, as Stefan and I turn around to walk away, but Alas, Damon is not done with us yet.

"Nice trick with Elena, with the necklace, that was the first time anyone was able to resist my compulsion in a while." He glares at Stefan.

"Oh bloody hell."

"Mm." Stefan nods.

"Where'd you get it?" Damon asks him.

"Doesn't matter." Stefan answers, walking around him, as do I.

"I could just seduce her the old fashioned way."

I sigh.

"Or I could just eat her."

I stop. "No, you're not gonna hurt her, Damon."

"No?"

Stefan turns around to intervene.

"You're not gonna hurt her because we know that deep down, you feel for her, like you still feel for Katherine, but Katherine is dead, and that is the key of any humanity you still have."

Mr. Tanner sees us.

"Mr. Salvatore, Ms. Harlow, we have a game to play!"

Damon smirks at us. "How's this for my humanity, Stefan?"

He runs over to him and sticks his fangs into the poor coach's neck.

"Damon!" I shout dumbfounded.

Once he's done he drops the body.

"Anytime, anyone, any place." He says, before running off.

"Just how far will he go?" I sigh, walking over to the body. "Go, I'll take care of it."

He nods, before jogging off to the rest of the team.

I sigh, biting into my wrist and feeding him my blood.

He was already dead so it didn't do anything.

I get up and leave the body in its place for someone else to find.