Chapter 56 - Victory has a price.

I looked down at her body than back at her daughter. I didn't have anything to say, so Damon said them for me.

He said, "It had to be done."

All Bonnie could do was give us the most hurt look. Stefan came down a few seconds after the silence had set in.

"We had too." Stefan said.

She giggled, "You had too. Just like you had to open the tomb and let those vampires out, killing my grandma in the process. Just like you had to turn Caroline into a vampire, or when you had to look for Katherine, only to have her betray you? Damon do you remember that? I think you do."

I gulped, she was totally right. I know that was directed at him but she was totally right.

"Yes, I remember that." He managed to mutter.

"Well, how are you going to justify this one?" She asked, "How are you going to justify killing my mother?"

"She's not dead." I whispered.

Bonnie looked up at me, "She's not- Eleanor, I know you didn't."

I blinked back the tears. 

"Eleanor, please tell me my mother is not a vampire.." She begged, only more upset.

"I-" I didn't have the words to say.

"Why?!" She spat out with such hatred it cut through me and probably everyone else in the room.

"For Caroline, and Stefan, and literally every other good vampire that exists.

"I don't think any of you are good, and mark my words when I say I will kill every one of those 5 originals and I will kill every vampire that walks the face of the Earth." She picked up her mother and walked out.

"Well that went pleasantly." Damon said in his usual not-caring tone.

I turned to him, "Could you have empathy for once in your goddamn life?"