18 || click, click, click

A/N: This is my gift to you all on this special day! Happy holidays, everyone, and here's to 2021!

P.S. This is unedited!

The eight of you decided that you had had enough of the Fourth of July festivities for today. You unanimously voted on going over to Bill's house, since there was something important he wanted to show all of you. When you arrived there, he led everyone to his garage and instructed you to cover up all sources of light because he was going to use his projector.

You and Stanley were using a lengthy piece of checkered cloth to block the light coming in from a window, and Beverly was doing the same to the other window on the opposite side of the garage. Bill was busy putting up a map of Derry's sewer system on a blank space, manually pushing the nail into the wall with his thumb. Eddie and Richie powered on the projector as Mike pulled the garage door down noisily.

Once you were almost completely enshrouded in darkness, everyone began taking seats on your makeshift chairs, which were mainly just large crates Mike found in the corner of the garage. There wasn't enough room for everyone to sit, so you chose to stand next to Mike.

Ben handed Bill a small card with a few words scrawled on it, and he inserted it into the projector, lining up the projected image with the sewer system map on the wall.

"Look," Bill pointed at an intersection of lines from the two maps. "That's where G-G-Georgie disappeared. There's the Ironworks. And The Black Spot. Everywhere it happens, it's all connected by the sewers. And they all meet up at the—"

"The well house," Ben interjected, sitting up straighter in his seat to examine the maps more closely.

"It's in the house on Neibolt Street," Stanley noticed.

"You mean that creepy-ass house where all the junkies and hobos like to sleep?" Richie asked as Eddie took a deep puff from his inhaler, gasping.

"I hate that place," Beverly spoke quietly. "It always feels like it's watching me."

"That's where I saw it," Eddie said shakily. "That's where I saw the clown."

"Tha- tha- that's where It lives," Bill said grimly.

Eddie took another puff from his inhaler and inhaled sharply. You looked over at him in concern.

"I can't imagine anything ever wanting to live there."

At Stanley's words, Eddie abruptly stood up, blocking the maps and redirecting everyone's attention to him.

"Can we stop talking about this? I- I- I can barely breathe. This is summer. We're kids. I can barely breathe. I'm up here having a fucking asthma attack," he gasped. "I'm not doing this."

He grabbed ahold of the map and tore it off of the wall in one swift movement.

"Eddie!" you exclaimed.

"What the hell? Put the map back," Bill demanded.

Eddie shook his head vigorously. "Mmm-mmm."

Bill looked like he was about to strangle him when the projector suddenly began clicking loudly, distracting him and everyone else. You looked up to see a photo projected onto the wall. It was of George and Bill's dad both dressed in baseball uniforms, the former wearing a glove on one hand and holding a bat in the other. The smile on his face stretched from ear to ear.

"What happened?" Bill asked.

Another click, and another picture appeared. Bill's family was at the very top of a water ride at an amusement park, right before the big drop. Up front was Georgie, then Bill's mom, then Bill, then his dad. Both of his parents had their arms raised in excitement.

"Guys? What's going on?" Stanley asked anxiously, looking around at all of you for an explanation.

Click. Bill's family was now going down the ride, all of their mouths open in mid-scream. His dad's arms were still in the air, but his mom's arms were now tightly grasping the sides of the log they were in.

Click. They were all posing for the camera at the bottom, huge smiles present on their faces.

"I got it. Hold on."

Mike reached forward and attempted to power off the projector, but it still continued to eerily click. The next picture was of Bill and Georgie, and in the background was an animal that they were both clearly excited about seeing, if the wide grins on their faces were anything to go by.

Click. Bill's family was posing in front of the Acadia National Park sign in the middle of unloading their car.

Click. Bill had his hand on Georgie's shoulder and the little boy was delightedly holding up a fishing pole too large for his small body. Again, bright smiles on both of their faces.

Click. This time, Bill's family looked like they were standing in front of what looked like a cathedral of some sort. Mr. Denbrough's hand was on Bill's shoulder, and Georgie was tightly holding hands with Bill and his mother. Mrs. Denbrough's vibrant red hair was blown by the wind and covered up her face. The projector continued to loudly click at a steady pace as the frame zoomed into Georgie.

"Georgie," Bill said.

Click. Click. Click. Everyone exchanged distressed glances with one another.

"Bill?" Stanley spoke worriedly.

The projector abruptly began to click more rapidly, the frame moving away from Georgie and up to the right, going over to Bill's mom. Like a stop motion film, her windswept hair moved to the left, fully covering her face. Her hair then slowly moved back to the right, revealing the one thing you really hoped you wouldn't see today.

That stupid, stupid clown.