14 || headaches and helping hands

There were plenty of cleaning supplies in Beverly's apartment since Mr. Marsh worked as a janitor, which proved to be very useful for your current situation. You and Beverly left the bathroom together to grab them from one of the apartment's small closets and returned with multiple rags, mops, buckets, trash bags, and gloves.

"Hey, Bill, could you help me with these, please?" you asked, holding up the large heavy buckets in your hands.

He nodded and instantly took them from you, placing them beside the bathtub. You sent him an appreciative smile, as, unbeknownst to you, another boy's eyes flickered between you and Bill curiously.

"I hope you're all ready to get cleaning," Beverly sighed heavily before looking over at you. "You might want to roll up your sleeves... Why are you wearing a sweater in the summer, anyway? A white one, to make matters worse."

Everyone's eyes landed on you and you shifted from foot to foot, slightly uncomfortable. You were definitely not about to roll up your sleeves and reveal the cut on your left arm, but not rolling your sleeves up guaranteed that the edges would be ruined if you didn't take special care to not have them touch anything.

"It's not my fault that I didn't wear the right clothes for cleaning, I had no clue what we were going to do!" you defended.

Beverly shrugged. "Sorry about that. You can just roll up your sleeves, then."

"I can't... My arm..." You tried to think of a convincing lie, but nothing came to mind. "Look, if I ruin my sweater, it's my fault, but if any of you ruin it, I promise that I will murder you. This is new."

"Got it," Ben nodded vigorously, taking the threat very seriously.

"E-everyone grab s-s-some gloves," Bill instructed, moving on from the subject.

You each did what he said, then grabbed one of the cleaning supplies and worked on getting rid of the blood in different sections of the bathroom. You walked over to stand beside Ben and help wipe the blood off of the wall to the best of your abilities.

It was mildly difficult to clean with your long sleeves, you had to admit, but they were at least tucked underneath your yellow gloves instead of fully exposed. The six of you worked in peaceful silence for a few minutes, at least up until a few small drops of scarlet splashed onto your shirt. You slowly turned around to face the culprit of the heinous crime.

"Y/N/N..." Eddie began, eyes wide with terror as he backed away from you. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm SORRY!"

He screamed the last word as you chased him out of the bathroom with your dirty bloodstained rag, attempting to throw it at his face. The others shook their heads and laughed at your childish antics.

Once you ran out of breath chasing him around the apartment (for such a small kid, Eddie was certainly fast), you decided to help Bill mop up the floor, a strenuous task. It required a lot of strength to soak up the blood, and it didn't help that you were beginning to get a terrible headache from the iron odor the blood was giving off.

It normally wouldn't bother you that much, but since your time of month was quickly approaching, it affected you more than usual. You tried to act as normal as possible so that none of the others would notice, not wanting to attract attention. Besides, they'd probably view it as you being weak.

Things were quite calm until you felt the wooziest you had all day, and you actually had to cease your mopping and close your eyes for a moment. Bill looked up at you, concern visible on his face, and moved closer to you, continuing to mop.

"W-W-What's wrong?" he whispered quietly.

"It's nothing." You offered him a fake smile, but he saw right through it. "I just have a headache, that's all. I'm fine."

"No, you're n-not," he said. "I can m-m-mop by myself. W-Why don't you go outside a-and get some fresh air? Grab a garbage bag to make it s-s-seem like you're just t-taking it out."

"Thank you, Bill." This time you gave him a genuine smile. He was such a sweetheart. Bill Denbrough was truly a blessing in your life.

He tossed you one of the smaller garbage bags and you caught it with ease. Letting your mop rest against the wall, you walked out of the bathroom, instantly breathing a sigh of relief from the change of atmosphere.

You waved at everyone that you saw as you made your way down the flights of stairs. When you arrived at the dumpsters around the back of the apartment building, you threw the bag into one of them, then walked away so that you wouldn't smell the stench from the garbage. Once you were a safe distance away, you took a deep breath.

Bill was right. You did need some fresh air, because you were already feeling better.

"Are you okay?"

A sudden voice startled you, causing you to whip your head around to see who it was. Your heart skipped a beat when your eyes locked with Stanley's.

"Yeah, I am," you said. "Um, did Bill tell you to follow me or...?"

"Oh, no," he answered, his face flushing. "No, I just wanted to check up on you. You left so suddenly."

At his words, you gave him a small smile. "Thank you for caring, Stanley."

In return, he just gave you a hesitant nod, like he was very unsure of himself.

"Should we head back inside now?" he asked.

You nodded, and Stanley, being the gentleman he was, allowed you to go up the stairs first. You felt his curious eyes on you as he watched you greet each of the residents on your way back to Beverly's apartment.

"You know them all?"

"Most of them."

Once you returned, you resumed your previous cleaning, and when you were finished, you were proud to say that the six of you did an amazing job cleaning up all of the blood. The bathroom now looked spotless, like the blood had even never been there in the first place.

You grabbed one of the last garbage bags you needed to dispose of and looked up, about to ask the others what they were doing later, but halted when you noticed that Bill and Beverly were having a quiet conversation with one another, smiles present on both of their faces.

You couldn't help but smile yourself as you watched them interact. Turning around to see if anyone else had seen them, you made eye contact with Stanley. He gestured toward Bill and Beverly, jokingly doing an overdramatic eye roll, and you had to resist the urge to laugh. He then motioned toward the door, silently asking if you wanted to go with him, and you nodded, smiling.

You walked out of the bathroom together, leaving the two lovebirds behind.