Chapter 24

Happy Holidays! Here's my late Christmas gift for you!

CHAPTER 24

Cana's POV

"Cana..."

My gaze shifted from the floor to the woman who just came out of the room. My eyes slightly widen at the sight of her; dressed up in a gray waistcoat, under it was her white puff sleeves top, a dark gray plaid pleated skirt, and to finish it up, she partnered it with a knee length boots. This is her usual outfit.

"My things are still in this room. Might as well use these again." She said, pertaining to her outfit as she check herself. She never thought of getting an apartment for herself, hell she didn't even want to. Her excuse was because she's rarely home anyway so she chose to use this room in the guild instead.

It caught me off guard seeing her with her usual clothes on. One of the reason I know is maybe because of the fact that I haven't really seen her that long. But what I am more confused about is why did she suddenly popped out of the room.

"What are you doing?" I blinked at her.

She hasn't come out of the room since yesterday after her talk with Erza. I did not interrupt their conversation and just chose to listen despite being pissed since Xavier also followed us. After that I walked Erza to Fairy Hills and went back here. Of course I had to sustain myself from punching Xavier the whole time. I stayed by the room, not really wanting to leave her side. Besides, Kianna need someone too just as much as Erza and the others do. I wanted to talk to her more but I decided to let her have the space she needs.

Now why on earth is she on her mission clothes and is standing here in front of me like nothing happened?

She stared back at me then glanced at the tray of foods that she did not eat before letting out a sigh. I put my booze on my side where her untouched foods were since I have a feeling that I will not like the next words that'll come out of her mouth.

"I need to talk to the Master."

"What?" I hissed and stood up, not really in favor of her sudden decision. "You can take a rest you know. Gramps and the others aren't forbidding you and the girls as well. You need that, we all need that!"

"Cana." I flinched when she put both of her hands on my shoulders to calm me down. "It happened a long time ago though I cannot completely say that I am fine. But sharing my painful past to someone doesn't feel so heavy anymore."

Her grip on my shoulders tightened. "We all felt betrayed, untrusted, and even felt rage." I relaxed a bit. "Things may be in chaos right now but let us put our feelings aside. You and I both know what to prioritize at this moment."

Her words and determination made me give up on forcing her to take a time off. I looked into her eyes, making sure to give her a glare as well which only made her chuckle.

"Fine!"

She snaked her arms around me, giving me an embrace. "Thank you, Cana. I really missed you."

I heaved a sigh, wrapping my arms around her as well. "I missed you too, Kia."

I led her upstairs after that little moment. As expected all eyes were on her. Of course they'll be in pure shock. Our guild mates had told me that Kianna and Xavier went on missions together while we're gone and will always find time to search for us. So I really was looking forward to see Kianna when Xavier went home but I put my hopes up. We all did.

"Did we lose some guild members? The guild is not crowded as usual." Kianna scanned her eyes around.

"The Master temporarily closed the guild hall and more than twenty people are not allowed to go inside."