Chapter 22

Yesterday was my birthday and I feel bad for not updating but I guess it's not too late to celebrate it with you, right?

Now here's an update and celebrate with me!

CHAPTER 22

Levy's POV

"Lisanna, wait!" Elfman hurriedly caught up with his sister. Elfman and Lisanna was furious after hearing what Gajeel said and so are we. Without any words being said, Lisanna dashed out.

It's unbelievable and so sudden to hear the news that the girls are back. My friends are back. I'm supposed to be screaming in enjoyment but something just doesn't seem right. What made things more confusing is that Gajeel was the one who delivered the news to us.

"Are you sure about that, Gajeel?" I asked, just to make sure he's not messing with us.

But I know Gajeel. No matter how cocky he can be sometimes, he wouldn't take something like this as a joke.

I did not get another response from Gajeel after he nod. His eyes were cold and even though he's got that usual frown on his face, I already sensed that something is not right. I looked over at Lily for assurance but he just looked back at me, unsure of what to say and just shrugged.

Before we knew it, we were running to get to the guild. The moon is out, shining brightly upon us but I can't seem to appreciate its beauty. It's almost midnight but that did not stop us from going to the guild. I eyed my friends, Cana, Wendy, Carla, Lisanna, and Elfman, whom I sure is also confused and concluding something in their minds.

Panting, we were able to reach the now opened doors of our guild. The lights from the inside is also on and I can hear voices too.

Lisanna was the first one to enter, followed by Elfman and Gajeel. The rest of us exchange glances, our faces full of excitement and fear. We were nervous, yes. It's unavoidable.

"T-The other kids, where are they? Why is Mason the only kid here?" I heard Gay asked as soon as I stepped inside.

The lights were blinding but as soon as I had a good vision of the people inside, my eyes slowly widened as my mouth parted.

"T-They're here," Lisanna choked. "T-They are really h-here."

Elfman can only stare at them, his eyes slowly becoming watery.

"Kianna..." Cana gasped. That's when I noticed our dear friend standing next to Mira.

I felt myself smiling, feeling relief just by seeing Kianna here as well. "S-She's here too."

Natsu, Gray and Xavier's back was facing us and it looks like they got here a few minutes ahead of us. Evergreen and Freed seems to be here longer than we are. Meredy is also here, sitting with Freed and Evergreen while Bickslow was there in the bar. My eyes turned glassy seeing two familiar hair colors of my friends sitting beside each other on the bar stool. But just by looking at their backs and dropped shoulders, I can tell that something is really off. Master was standing in the staircase with Erza behind him and there's Jellal behind the both of them. Kianna and Mira were standing next to each other, Miss Porlyusica was behind them and guessing from the direction they just took, they came out of the infirmary rooms.

Did something happen?

They don't seem to notice our presence as well. Their attentions were just on each other.

What took me by surprise was that the boys are here; Natsu, Gray, Jellal, and Laxus. Even Xavier is here too. I mean, nothing's wrong about that it's just... weird.