Chapter 29

CHAPTER 29

Normal POV

"No! That's not true!"

Happy's sudden outburst surprised the people around him. Dalton was trying to get in their minds by accusing Natsu of something that's absurdly wrong and Happy didn't like what he just heard. Happy might be an airhead just like his best friend but he knew Natsu very well.

"It wasn't just guilt! It may be a selfish move but Natsu loves Lucy and Nashi!"

True, he may have felt guilt. For the last five years he noticed the changes in Natsu yet his best friend never told him the reason behind his behavior. Natsu kept everything, he chose to be selfish for Lucy and his daughter.

"He chose to do this because that's his way of showing his affection... That's how Natsu is!"

Happy's vision became blurry as he did his best to fight back the tears. He doesn't care if crying makes him look weak, but standing up for his best friend is much more important. Little did he know that this small act and from his little statement, Lucy was saved from the battle inside of her head.

Natsu is Natsu. He is an idiot, no lie about that, but he will not do something that'll crush his family. He will not do something that will only benefit him.

Lucy's eyes fell on Natsu. His onyx eyes can be seen looking at Happy in disbelief, face shows how stunned he is. She held out her hand to reach his, startling him from her touch. Once he settles his gaze on her, Lucy flashed a gentle smile.

Sinking in, Natsu remained looking down on her lips that has now formed a small smile. No words were needed to let him know what she wants to say. It's simple yet it affected him so much. Lucy felt herself relax as Natsu returned the gesture. Her attempt to let him know that she is on her side did not fail as he grinned at her widely.

As the other party was busy, Juvia took the opportunity to squeeze Gray's hand, causing the ice mage to snap his head and face her immediately.

Juvia's gaze lingered at him, which has him dumbfounded, but the words that escaped from her lips made his reaction worse.

"Use me."

It was more of a whisper but the way she stated those words were like a command. He would've forgotten to breathe if Juvia's grip on him didn't tighten. He knew right there that she was trying to say something but decided to summarize it by putting them into two words and Juvia was more than glad that he quickly understood the message.

A click of tongue was heard, coming from Fiona and was followed by Dalton's mocking laughter.

"Yes, yes. Of course you'll say that." He said in between his laughter. "Forgive me for underestimating your best friend."

Happy stopped sobbing but the stains were left as a mark of his tears on his furry face. His emotion changed and a frown immediately appeared due to Dalton's sarcastic comment. He felt so little as Dalton made him look like a laughingstock but little does he know that he actually woke his friends up to their senses.

A moment of silence overtook them. No one attempted to speak but they could feel their heavy breathing. The wind blew, touching their skin that gave them a slight shiver, considering how cold the weather is. Lucy inhaled sharply before pulling out a key.

"Open! Gate of the Twins: Gemini!"

Dalton focused his attention on her as she summon her celestial spirit. Gemini copies Natsu's appearance at once and positioned themselves exactly beside the real Natsu. The fire dragon slayer bumped his fists together as his lips formed a smirk on its own due to Lucy's idea.