Chapter 7

CHAPTER 7

Mira's POV

"I'll go there," Lucy pointed the socks section.

The rest of us nodded. I giggled because she really looks excited. She's like a child asking permission to her mom if she can go outside and play.

"Just don't get lost, okay?" Kianna reminded, a small smile plastered on her face

Lucy happily agreed before storming off. She's really been looking forward for this day. After Miss Porlyusica left Kia broke the news, telling us that we'll be going shopping for our baby's stuffs.

We're soon to labor so we better get our asses ready.

Juvia and Lucy jumped in excitement right after hearing it. Erza and Kianna's eyes twinkled as they both look at each other smiling widely. I couldn't held back my giggles at the sight of my friends.

At the same time, I can't help but notice how the Master managed to keeps on sending us some money. As much as I can remember, our guild is best at destroying things so it's not questionable that half of the guild's fund often go away so quickly.

"Hmm," Kia placed her index finger on her chin.

The two of us were left together when Juvia and Erza decided to go and look for some baby cribs. Kianna accompanied me to look for some clothes and since I need some advice, I happily obliged.

I watched as her eyes narrowed. She pouted but soon replaced by a smirk. "Now that you've mentioned it, it's quite interesting."

I jolted at her response. "Eh?"

Kia grinned, her eyes focused on the dresses in front of her. She did not bother to speak anymore. I sighed and shrugged the thoughts away.

"Kawaii~", I glanced back at Kianna who was now holding a cute peach dress. She moved beside me to show the dress to me, urging me to buy it.

"Calm down Kia," I let out a chuckle, "We're not even sure of the baby's genders."

She stood up straight and sighed. "You got a point."

It seems like she's putting her guards down too many times today. The strict-looking Kianna who faces us everyday isn't with us. Does shopping for baby stuffs makes her melt?

Oh my...

Now I'm beginning to wonder if she really ended up with Xavier. On what happened to the bith if them when we were gine for seven long years. We've never got the chance to catch up since, well, she's always concern about us rather than what she felt in the past.

But as her friend, I knew better. She may not show it but something really has changed.

"I hope your baby will be a boy," She suddenly said with a big smile on her face.

My jaw dropped. "W-What?"

"The Master," Her gray colored eyes looked at mine, "He was so excited when he told me that you're carrying his grand grandchild." She giggled at her last words. Her eyes went back on looking at the baby clothes with her fingers brushing on them. Though her smiles tell me that she's still preoccupied in reminiscing some past events.

It feels like I was affected. Something soft touched my heart. Ever since we left I would always overthink of how the Master would have felt.

Is he mad? Disappointed? Did he even accept my child? Or did he not want me to be the one carrying the child that is related to him?

He never said anything about what he felt when we broke the news to him. When we told him our decision by leaving.  But even though he never failed to show his concern and support, I still couldn't help but always overthink.

"He said can take all the headaches if it's gonna be a boy. He was even crying while saying that. Man, he's always been embarrassing at some times," Kianna chuckled.

I looked down on my hands. Do I even deserve to overthink like that?

"The Master must've feel like he failed to be a father and a grandfather to his boys because of some past events. He surely wants to have another boy and probably raise him well this time," She trailed off and bit her lower lip. "But he really is happy, Mir--Wait, why are you crying?!"

I appreciate how she carefully delivered her words but I can't stop being emotional after finding out those things. Kianna immediately hushed me by caressing my back.

I can feel some eyes taking a quick look on us. They should've notice us, the fact that we were from the famous guild in Fiore, they should have been familiar with us. But all thanks to Miss Porlyusica's potion, it helped us be unnoticeable when we're in public.

"S-Stop crying Mira, please."

The sight of Kianna who doesn't know what to do turns my sniffs into giggles. She blinked while hearing my soft laughters as her mouth slightly parted.

"You girls really know how to make a single woman worry," She grimaced at her own words and took a deep breath but a small smile soon plastered on her face.

I placed a hand on my baby bump, "I really thought the Master was upset..."

"You of all people should know that he isn't and he'll never be." She gave me a gentle smile.

Hope and assurance bloomed inside of me. Though I don't really know what I was hoping for but as of now, I am thankful.

We continue shopping and enjoyed the whole day since we knew that we won't probably be able to go on public places like this for the next months. Besides, we don't want to take advantage of that potion Miss Porlyusica had given us.

We really want to stay out of the spotlight as long as we can. That is what we all agreed of. The people might notice that we're not around but it's better than making our children be the talk of the town. We don't know what the future might lead us.

As of now, the life we have here is enough.