Chapter 10

CHAPTER 10

Levy's POV

"We're back!" Wendy announced cheerfully as soon as we step inside the guildhall.

As much as I want to match her mood, I can't. I sighed dramatically while making my way to the counter where Lisanna is, Master was also there holding his usual drink. I can already see Lisanna giggling at our sight.

Wendy, Carla, Happy, and Lily led the way, with me following behind her. Natsu, Gray, and Gajeel was behind us, throwing nicknames on each other. Truth is, I don't really know how we finished the job we went to with these idiots fighting each other the whole time. It all happened too fast.

I sat down on one of the bar stool beside Wendy and handed over a letter to the Master. I buried my face on the table.

"So sorry, Master!" I cried.

Upon hearing the paper crumpled, I looked up at Gramps only to feel a dark aura surrounding him and the irk mark on his forehead was visible.

"Those fools..." He mumbled while looking at Gray, Natsu, and Gajeel who was already fighting. The three exceeds sweat dropped.

"Here, to enlighten your mood," Lisanna placed a glass of milkshake in front of me. She did the same to Wendy. She even gave the exceeds something to drink. But of course, Happy requested a fish.

I stared at her, about to cry again. "Arigato, Lisanna~! I don't even know how I survived being with those airheads! Not to mention, I can already imagine the struggle on being with Natsu and Gay alone whenever you guys go on a job, Wendy and Carla."

Wendy just laughed and Carla shook her head as if it reminded her of something bad. Master was still busy glaring at the three.

"But I guess Wendy enjoyed it. Right, Wendy?"

I averted my gaze to the dragon slayer, her smile brighten as she nods, "I did! And I look forward to go on more jobs with you guys."

I felt myself smiling as well. I remembered how devastated she got when two of her teammates went gone. Not to mention, Natsu and Gray distanced themselves from her months ago. It was a foul move. Not only because Wendy was affected, Happy too.

"Huh?! What'ya sayin' you fire breath?!" My attention turned to Gajeel after hearing his voice.

Right, he was there too. As well as Lily. We were there to cheer Wendy up, accompany her on jobs. And even though he won't admit it, he was worried. Worried about Wendy and of course, to Natsu and Gray.

But it wasn't that long until Natsu and Gray went back to their usual selves. I just found myself stopping Natsu and Gajeel in the middle of their stupid fight because Natsu kept saying that Gajeel's taking their teammate away.

"I'm glad they're back..."

I guess Lisanna was thinking the same.

My eyes went back on the three and now Gramps is with them, kicking their asses off to make them stop. He dragged them back to where we are and now they're sitting along with us. I couldn't help but snick as Gramps scold them and scowl in their faces is making it worse.

"Anyway," Master crossed his arms. "It's a good thing you've returned from your job."

My brows creased in confusion.

"Why, Master?" Wendy asked.

"Pfft," Gajeel scoffed. I made sure I shot him daggers when his eyes met mine. He immediately looked away. "Don't look at me like that, shrimpy."