Chapter 33

CHAPTER 33

Erza's POV

"Thank you for your help today." I bowed to convey my gratitude to the people of our town who helped us rebuild the guild for today. "This means so much to us."

An elder man smiled and put a hand on my shoulder. His wife was giving us the same warm smile from behind him.

"Oh don't you mind that. This town would be nothing without Fairy Tail."

After taking a few day offs to recollect ourselves from the occurrences that happened this week, we've decided to join our townspeople in rebuilding our guild. It hasn't even been five days but most of the laborious part of this task was already finished thanks to the people of this town. And of course, most importantly, with King Tomas' support for providing us the materials and most of his people too that are needed. He has done so much to us but when we wanted to give our thanks he would simply say that he should be the one to say and offer his appreciation to us.

"We're still glad to see some familiar faces back in this guild." His wife reached for my face to caress my cheek and I almost melted at her kindness and the meaning behind her words.

They've been acknowledging our existence after showing up here. It overwhelms me for thinking that they have never really forgotten us, me and the girls.

The old lady's face became a blur in my vision when I caught a familiar a certain blue haired man behind her, he making his way towards us. I haven't seen him for days and I thought I'll never be able to again. And I hate to admit that that thought upsets me.

I lowered my gaze at Rosemary who's in his arms and trailing behind them is Meredy. My daughter extended her hand in the air to wave once she spotted me.

"Mommy!"

I gave her a small wave in return. The couple in front of me turned around when they noticed the gesture that I did. Jellal set her down once they were in front of us and so I gestured my daughter to come close to me.

"Oh my, is she your daughter?" The old lady gasped in both surprise and awe. "Such a beautiful one."

I smiled at the compliment but Rosemary seems to be familiarizing the lady, probably wondering if she's a friend of mine so she just stared up at her innocently. She's still not used on seeing new faces that would often approach her. Only she will ask who the person was when we got home.

"Then I suppose this man here is your husband."

I would've denied that if Meredy didn't interrupt. "That's right! One and only."

Jellal gave her a look making her close her mouth in an instant. But I can still see that grin on her face.

It didn't take long for the old couple to say their goodbyes, leaving me with my daughter, Meredy and Jellal. It wasn't long until Meredy excused herself too after a few minutes of talking about our current condition. She then looked for Juvia after that.

When I diverted back my attention to my daughter, she was once again in Jellal's arms, giggling about what he was saying. Without realizing it, a smile spreads across my face the longer I stare at them. How they met was still a mystery to me. Rose tells me everything and never once had she mentioned that she met someone with a blue hair.

Jellal suddenly turned his gaze at me and so I had to bite the insides of my cheeks to remove the smile on my face. I looked away at once when he didn't move his eyes off of me and I swear I saw the corner of his lips rose up, amused. I acted naturally, reached for my daughter who's still being carried by him and fixed her coat to avoid being in an awkward situation with him.