Chapter 27

CHAPTER 27

Normal POV

Elfman cursed under his breath as another wave of enemies fills the place. They were expecting this when they heard that loud bang coming from a distance once they got here. But even if they do expect to come face to face with enemies, how the hell can they keep moving forward to their goal if these ugly things kept on coming their way.

"They just keep on coming." Freed groaned which earned a heavy sigh from Evergreen. Bickslow agreed.

"Judging from their looks, they are made of every pieces that is in this place." Jellal said. "And we all know who can possibly be manipulating them."

Frowns were visible in their faces as an image of one person came in their minds.

"Let's just hope someone's dealing with that bastard now." Laxus may seem calm but his voice says otherwise.

The group began to move once again, hitting their targets but also making sure to preserve their energies. Besides, not all of them are in a good condition after the attack that happened a few hours ago in the guild. They insisted on going right after being given first aids. Lisanna and Cana volunteered to just stay behind and lend a hand on their injured guild mates which include the Master and the King. This leaves Erza, Jellal, Kianna, Wendy, Carla, Levy, Evergreen, Mira, Laxus, Elfman, Freed and Bickslow to be in this group and carry on the mission.

"Go," Elfman spoke, startling the others. "Evergreen, Freed, Bickslow and I will stay here to hold them back. The rest of you go."

The others glanced at each other. Evergreen was dumbfounded at first but when she saw the determination in Elfman's eyes, she just let him be.

Mirajane blinked, eyes still wide, obvious that she does not approve to leave her brother behind. "But-"

She was cut off by Evergreen. "Hmm? Are you doubting us, Mira?" The tone of her voice was challenging as her glasses reflected the light from the moon. She was looking at Mira with a smug look on her face.

"I believe there's no reason to." Freed chuckled, his attention focused on the enemies surrounding them.

Bickslow laughed, his babies doing the same. Laxus eyed his teammates, narrowing his brown orbs at them. He do trust his teammates and to be honest, a part of him wanted to stay and fight alongside them but he have to admit that he desires to be somewhere else. Then his eyes diverted to the white haired mage whose eyes were fixed at her brother, then to Laxus' teammates before avoiding any more eye contact.

Kianna sighed with a small smile tugging on her lips. "Let's go."

Before another wave of enemies come, they turned their backs to leave the place. Though before completely vanishing, Elfman made sure he met Laxus' gaze, giving him a look but more of a message. Laxus seemed to get it and gladly returned by nodding at him with a stern face.

"I'll take Levy, Wendy and Carla with me." Kianna informed. "We'll have to search for Xavier."

She waited for their approval before sprinting on the other direction with the names she had mentioned. They took one more glance at Mira and the others, hoping they'd be safe.

"This place sure is ghosted." Levy commented as her eyes wonders. They were lucky enough not to encounter any of those annoying human rocks but they still have to be careful not to attract their attention.

Wendy agreed as she hugs herself, feeling the coldness due to the weather and the atmosphere lingering in the town.

"How are we gonna find Xavier anyway?" Levy asked. Though Kianna remained silent while leading the way, she does not have any clue either. But finding him and sticking with him should be done as what Master said.