Chapter 31

Hi!

So yes I'm still alive and I'm sorry for not updating for a while! My schoolworks kept me from writing plus I took some time off so I hope you'd understand. I have no plans on dropping this story so everyone, breathe.

Anyway, here's an update!

CHAPTER 31

Kianna's POV

"You stupid old man!"

I can almost feel her rage from where I am. However, that's nothing compared to what she made us feel. Phoebe's eyes remained glaring at Master Makarov who's walking towards her, unbothered by how she looks at him.

Cana and Lisanna trailed behind him, walking over to our friends to check on them and pull them back gently, probably having an idea of what'll happen.

"I can just finish her off already." I murmured as my eyes settles back to Phoebe who continued cursing the old man making his way towards her.

Wendy and Carla flinched at my words, both letting out a shaky laugh.

"A-Ano... Let's stick to the plan, Kianna-san."

I immediately chuckled to wipe off those sweats forming on their foreheads. "I was kidding."

My gaze shifted to the man beside me for not receiving any reaction from him. Not that he's obliged to give any, the distance between us is present anyway.

"There's Gajeel and Levy." Carla pointed out.

I looked back to my friends and sure enough, Gajeel and Levy along with Lily made it there in time. Xavier, Wendy, Carla, and I decided to part from them after explaining some things to the three of them. It was time for us to do our part and there are people that shouldn't be involved.

"I still have no sign of Princess Hisui's daughter."

Carla was right. The children are there but one's still missing. We can't proceed if the kids' safety is not ensured, just as we were instructed.

"Who are you?"

My attention diverted back to Master Makarov. He had finally asked that question. There was no trace of hatred in his voice, just pure gentleness, but it's obvious how he demands an answer.

Of course the others was surprised by this, lost perhaps.

Phoebe stopped for a second to process what he had just asked before stifling a laugh.

"I am the child of your close friend whom you killed. Should I remind that to you? Have you erased that memory in your stupid head?!"

Phoebe kept her smirk and the longer that she and Master Makarov stares at each other, the sharper her gaze on him lingered. Master Makarov must've felt that, how she's killing him inside her head.

"I'm going to ask you once again," Master Makarov didn't seem to be affected by her words and how she acts, "Who are you?"

For a second, a wave of emotion flash through Phoebe's eyes. It was clear for me and it was probably visible for the others too if they were focusing enough. She covered herself up quickly by bursting into laughter like a psycho that she is.

But in the middle of this, a certain brunette caught my attention running somewhere. Phoebe's laughter halted once she took notice of her and once again tried to release herself when Cana entered a room.