Chapter 10: Unexpected

-Kageyama-

As soon as Oikawa had entered the gym, the atmosphere had become surprisingly denser. Not that Kageyama let this get to him though, all he had in mind was to win this set and sleep; nothing else.

He had told his team only about the rim of Oikawa's talents; well, Oikawa is pretty calm as long as he knows that he will win against the team on the other court, but with the knowledge he had by watching Oikawa's match against Shiratorizawa, was that given the atmosphere in the air, Oikawa's aggression changes.

Karasuno: 15

Aoba Jousai: 14

Kageyama took a deep breath and scanned the people around him. Tanaka was in front of him, making the same annoyed expression when the girls kept worrying about Oikawa. What he couldn't grasp was how Iwaizumi wasn't jealous by this, or maybe this was too common to give any bother.

In any case, his head was aching. He stole a quick glimpse at Tanaka and Hinata; Tanaka looked more fired up, so he set the ball to him.

"YEAH!" Tanaka yelled as the ball slammed against the other court.

The matches' pattern changed from a pendulum-type to a one-side gravity type; they were on the lead. Kageyama set the ball to Hinata, who spiked it and scored a point; Tsukishima and he jumped as the pink-haired boy jumped to spike, blocking him.

Karasuno: 24

Aoba Jousai: 20

Kageyama steadied his body, one more point-

The referee blew his whistle and rolled his hands, signaling a player exchange. As Oikawa gave Kunimi a high-five and stepped into the court, Kageyama could feel eyes on him, as if silently criticizing every one of his moves.

The girls began squealing again.

He looked at Hinata, who was gawking at Oikawa; behind him, Daichi bonked Tanaka's head, whisper-shouting, "cut that out!"

- - - -

Oikawa stood outside the court in front of them, one hand on his waist and the other holding the ball; yet, he still wore that off-smile. Kageyama took a deep breath- knowing Oikawa-san, he'll most likely hit it to the weakest one of us... Tsukishima or Hinata, he thought-

The referee whistled.

Without losing any seconds, Oikawa threw the ball up and began running towards it- Kageyama's eyes twinkled with the fact that he was right and watching Oikawa's serve. Without any other hesitation, he called, "Tsukishima!"

The ball went over the net and before Tsukishima could react, the hitting Tsukishima's mid-arm the ball hit the railing and rebounded to the court, making the girls squeal again.

Everyone on his side froze- "yep. Knew it," Oikawa said. "I watched some of your match, you, number six," Oikawa pointed at Tsukishima.

"And you number five," Oikawa added, tracing over from Tsukishima to Hinata. "You suck at receiving, don't you? First-years like Tobio-chan, I presume."

Tsukishima and Hinata looked offended. "Another one's coming up!" Oikawa chirped.

Kageyama watched in anticipation as Oikawa threw the ball up and jumped, the ball was aimed at Tsukishima again, who missed it.

Slowly adjusting his leg position, Kageyama glanced back to see Yamaguchi who was yelling, "Tsuki" while grabbing Sugawara's shoulder-

"HEY! YOU! Great KING!" Hinata yelled, almost making Kageyama snicker until he realized what Hinata inferred Oikawa greater too-