Chapter 12: Golden Week (Relations) 3/3

o(TヘTo) くぅ I sleep I

-Kageyama-

"Why did he pass out?"

"Doc!"

"Was it because of the cold?"

"Did something happen internally?"

"Will he be okay?"

"I'll call someone. . .

"I'm scared for his sake. . . Iwa-chan. . ."

Kageyama gasped and got up, he looked around for a while, his vision was fuzzy, for a moment he felt completely lightheaded, the next thing he knew, everything returned to the way it was in pixels.

White sheets.

Stethoscopes.

Bright white lights.

His most hated place.

The hospital.

He looked around and felt his breath fasten-

"Tobio?" A familiar voice asked. "Are you awake?"

He tried to calm his breathing down but it was no use, the annoying feeling of something pressuring him down was increasing, his eyes were feeling glossy.

"HEY, CALM DOWN!" The familiar voice commanded. "Try to take deep breaths and imagine something that you like."

Kageyama shook his head, he felt as if he would die at the moment-

His vision blurred again, all he could see was an empty black void. All he could hear were voices overlapping, each saying incoherent things.

Two sets of hands suddenly grabbed him-all he could do was clutch that hug as if it were about to disappear any moment. "Don't g-go. . ." Were the last words he remembered mustering as he fell into pitch blackness once again.

- - - -

"It's your fault. . ." A voice said. He quickly turned and saw a fading clip of him being yelled at by his uncle at a funeral. "My sister would still be alive," Was what his uncle had said before his father stepped in.

Kageyama couldn't see the eyes, he tried squinting but failed to see them past the black strip that covered them. "Stop it! Haiyashi! She was my soulmate too!" His father pointed, defending the young Kageyama from being hit by Haiyashi. "My soulmate. . . My love. . . She was my everything! What can change that's already happened? Nothing. Now stop picking on my son. "

Kageyama gawked as the young him ran out crying. It stung him, "what can change that's already happened?" He thought, nothing.

It took him a few moments to realize a small fact, life is too short.

He blinked his eyes and the next thing he knew was him opening them back in the hospital. The blinds covering the window were shut tightly, though a few rays of the sun came in and glowed on the bed; he looked around the room and spotted Kindaichi and Kunimi sleeping, Kunimi's head resting on Kindaichi's shoulder. Akaashi was wearing glasses and had earbuds plugged in while he read something, Bokuto was passed out on his shoulder.

He looked at himself, two people were asleep, holding onto his waist and shoulder. It brought him slight panic as Iwaizumi moved his head and nuzzled it next to Kageyama's stomach. "I'll. . . bea- beat Shiratorizawa~. . ." Oikawa mumbled, his eyes slightly opening a bit and closing again, his head softly moving on Kageyama's chest.