Chapter 3: Our New Team Members (Iwaizumi)

The red string of fate...

This is a string that ties your hand with your soulmate, there could be two strings, but that's on the uncommon-rare side, but is definitely possible.

The string looks like an average red thread, but is glossier, and can stretch as long as across the world.

There is no accurate time when you precisely are going to meet your soulmate or the age when you start seeing the string.

°•Iwaizumi•°

Iwaizumi scanned the first years, he had expected to see him.
Tobio Kageyama.
The same kid who followed and looked up to Tooru.

He shook his thoughts and glanced at the first kid that caught his attention, the kid had weird hair- which stood up- like a turnip in a way, his name was Yūtarō Kindaichi, his personality matched the one of a middle blocker or an ace... future ace, huh?

He followed his gaze to another kid, the kid's face reflected boredom and lack of assertiveness, his personality also matched the one of a wing spiker, his name was Akira Kunimi.

Oikawa looked around, most likely expecting the second years to show up, and as expected, they entered the gym in about five minutes. Yahaba and Watari entered the gym; Watari smiled softly and waved, "hello Oikawa-senpai, Iwaizumi-senpai, Matsukawa-senpai, and Hanamaki-senpai." He said stopping as he reached where Iwaizumi was standing, with Yahaba trailing behind.

Iwaizumi decided to answer bitterly, "by the way, Shinji, these buffoons don't deserve to be called senpais- the title is useless unless they act like one." He kept his gaze ahead- trying to avoid the unnecessary pouty comments Oikawa was throwing and the death stares of the other third years.

Iwaizumi cleared his throat and looked at the second years; our future setter, and libero; he fell into thought, this year it's up to us, right? To make Oikawa's dream to come true? Defeating Shiratorizawa?

His thought line snapped when he heard one of the first years say, "so I heard Kageyama went to Karasuno? Is that right?" He looked up, and saw it was Kindaichi who had spoken, he shifted to Kunimi, who had sighed heavily and answered, "yeah, I heard..."

Iwaizumi quietly listened to them, then was taken back by what Kinadaichi said in response, "the king-of-the-court... I was tired of him bossing us around, not gonna lie-but I still don't know why." Iwaizumi was surprised by this, the Kageyama he knew was more of the "happy" and "accepting" kid, what had happened?

He put his head down, gnawed on his thumb, and listened, trying not to make it obvious that he was eavesdropping, "well, anyway, I can't wait to go against him, and his "team" if that's what he calls them anyway, that is." Kindaichi responded smirking at Kunimi; Kunimi blushed and replied, "for once, I actually am interested in how this "match" will go," Kindaichi looked at Kunimi surprised by what he heard, then smirked and looked away and headed to the volleyball basket, and Kunimi followed.

Iwaizumi looked at Oikawa, and Oikawa was looking at him, "you heard them-?" He asked as he looked at Oikawa, who was staring right into his eyes, he sensed guilt, he sighed heavily and answered, "it isn't your fault."

As if Oikawa was expecting this answer, Oikawa angrily retorted, "except it is. If I hadn't been an ass, maybe Tobio-chan would have come to the school of his choice, not be forced to go to another school." Iwaizumi shut himself up as he saw Oikawa put on a smile and walk up to the first years, he really was good at faking? Wasn't he? -Iwaizumi thought.