Chapter 12: Golden Week (Someone Interesting) 2/?

(*'﹀'*) 

-Kageyama-

It was embarrassing. Everyone had their eyes pinned on him, even Mizu seemed scared by the sudden attention, he slowly retreated and buried his head in between Kageyama's hip and elbow, causing Kageyama to flinch.

"You smuggled a dog?" Nishinoya asked.

"So badass!" Tanaka said.

Sugawara bonked the two boys on their heads, Daichi sighed. "Doggy?! Kawaiii!" Hinata said getting up- ready to walk back.

"Does it bite?" Asahi asked.

"What's its name and gender?" Sugawara calmly asked.

"WAIT- AREN'T YOU GUYS GONNA ASK IF DOGS ARE ALLOWED IN THE FACULTY?!" Takeda asked.

"I mean. . . we are almost there. . . it's pointless going back and dropping the dog at your house—your parents might get angry at you too," Daichi pointed.

"Oooo Kageyama's gonna get in trouble~," Tanaka said, stretching the trouble.

Kageyama looked away and Tsukishima sighed. "He told me that he was feeling dizzy and had a headache," Tsukishima replied, earning surprised looks from everyone on the bus. "I'm a human too. . . It's not like I'm a stoic idiot who lacks any bit of decency."

Kageyama sighed to himself, maybe Tsukishima had made that excuse up, but that was exactly how he was feeling right now. Sick.

"Just give him some space," Yamaguchi added from the front seat.

Sighing, everyone turned around and went back to the topics they were talking to. Kageyama looked at Tsukishima, who looked away at the eye contact, "don't mention it," both of them looked away.

Kageyama lightly hummed in response and went back to staring outside, it was raining harder now—

"Whatcha up to?" A fresh voice asked, he turned to face Sugawara, who was looking at him, his hands on the backseat and his knees on the seat.

"I'm not going to lie, but I definitely didn't expect you to be an animal person," Sugawara added, moving his arm and ruffling Yamaguchi's hair; Yamaguchi shoved the third year's hand away and went back to reading his manga.

"Suga-san, please, the current chapter is beyond immaculate, if you aren't going to read with me, please don't shake my head," Yamaguchi said, his eye's glued to the manga panel.

Kageyama turned to see what Tsukishima was doing, just to find the blonde with his headphones on and his eyes shut—not sleeping.

"So~ how did your passion for setting begin?" Sugawara asked. "For me, it was because I wanted to connect with spikers and players."

Kageyama didn't look at the setter, instead, he stroked the light fur of Mizu and aimlessly stared, as if the answer would pop up.

"Basically. . . Uh-" He paused, not sure what he wanted to say. "My father. . . He was the one who introduced me to setting. Him, and his friend, Zaiyita."

Even without making looking up, he knew he was being studied, Sugawara lightly hummed and Mizu stuck his head up from Kageyama's shirt, causing him to flinch at the sudden whiff of cold air.

"My father, Zaiyita, and his son, Hayato. My father helped me perfect my sets, while Zaiyita taught me the basics of spiking and tactic play." He paused, and Sugawara gave an 'mmhh' as if proof he was still listening. "Hayato never really taught me how to serve—but he's responsible for most of my physical skills—the focus, and coordination."