Chapter 8: The Day Of The Practice Match (kinda a filler)

[I'ma jump into the story again.]

-Kageyama (dreams)-

"Oh! I would love to be f****ds," Kageyama said, smiling at the two boys in front of him; Kindaichi and Kunimi smiled at each other as if they were communicating telepathically. The bell rang making Kageyama jump a bit, "oh right, King, I'll send you to the principal's office," Kindaichi said, grabbing Kageyama's arm.

"What about Akira-" Kageyama began but was cut off by Kindaichi pulling him, Kunimi gave him apologetic eyes and shrugged as if Kindaichi was like this with everyone.

Once Kindaichi had dragged him all the way to the principal's office, both of the boys paused and took deep breaths, "so King, um, I just have to grab an 'excused' slip and go to my class; the principal will give you your schedule and all the club information." Kindaichi said, opening the door.

The door opened to reveal a very familiar guy. Kageyama took a few moments before he ran, "Zaiyita!" he called as he hugged the principal.

"And I thought Kazuyo was joking when he said he's gonna send you here," Zaiyita said, hugging Kageyama back.

"Oh! Right, I'll give you your slip of paper," Zaiyita said, pulling open his drawer and handing Kindaichi a yellow piece of paper.

"Thank you, Mr. Hayato," Kindaichi said, he smiled at Kageyama and walked out of the door, as he began a running pose, Zaiyita called, "no running in the hallways!"

Kageyama smiled and turned back to Zaiyita, "I guess you can meet Hayato after school, also, here's the schedule." Zaiyita answered, handing Tobio an A4 sized sheet, which had his classes marked on it.

Kageyama overlooked the classes and tried guessing where the classes might be located; Zaiyita stood in front of the printer, his hands folded, waiting for the printer to print his club activities; "hey, Tobio," Zaiyita asked Tobio. "so, about the club activities, we offer basketball, baseball, volleyb-"

"Volleyball!" Kageyama cut through, making Zaiyita laugh. "I thought so," Zaiyita said, as the printer finally printed the paper out.

Tobio took the warm paper from Zaiyita's hands as he was handed it, as soon as he was handed a pen and he quickly circled 'Volleyball' and signed down below, he paused where it said 'parent signature.'

Zaiyita laughed and whispered, "don't worry, I know Kazuyo will be perfectly fine with you choosing volleyball, plus I think the whole team will acknowledge your skills as well."

Kageyama smiled, "thank you- oh! And, can you show me where 6a is?"

Zaiyita nodded and led Tobio out of the office.

- - - - - -

"Also, I think your friend also chose volleyball, so just stick with him and go to the gym, okay?" Zaiyita suggested as they walked through the hallway, "yes." Tobio answered.

6a came into view and Kageyama waved Zaiyita a bye and stepped in. As he stepped in, all the eyes in the room went to him, Kageyama panicked a bit, but kept his cool.

"And~ there's the new student I was talking about," the teacher said, "I'm Mizuki Misao, and you are?"

Kageyama kept his head down for a moment until he heard a whisper, "Hey, King! We're in the same classes!" Kindaichi whisper-shouted, Kageyama finally looked, "u-um- hi, a pleasure to m-meet you, um- my name is T-tobio Kageyama," he stuttered.

"Oh okay! Welcome to our class Kageyama-kun!" Mizuki smiled. "I hope you enjoy being part of this class."

"Misao sensei! He can sit next to me!" Kindaichi raised his hand and pointed to an empty seat beside him.