Chapter 20: Training Camp

Kindaichi: You're not kidding, are you?
Kageyama: no, I am. I've totally wasted a few precious minutes of my boring life to tell u abt this.
Kunimi: nice
Kunimi: oikawa-san already leaked it tho
Kindaichi: oh, and Tobs, Iwaizumi-san asked if he could have your phone number.
Kageyama: why didn't he just ask me?
Kunimi: brilliant
Kindaichi: u aren't the only one who gets all blushy and embarrassed
Kunimi: leave him, that dense shell will break
Kageyama: . . .
Kindaichi: oh and both of them were two flustered messes when anyone spoke about u
Kunimi: especially Matsukawa-san and Hanamaki-san. Now Yahaba-san is also picking it up
Kageyama: dunno who you're talking abt, but send Iwaizumi-san my number, I'm not sending him a message
Kindaichi: smh, you're hopeless
Kunimi: shut up, you were too
Kageyama: gtg TTYL
Kindaichi: bye
Kunimi: please don't kill them again. And bye
Kageyama: ^?
Kunimi: precisely
Kageyama: and plus I'll probs not c u on the weekend
Kindaichi: why?
Kageyama: training camp
Kunimi: nice, now this idiot wont force me to get up at 7 to just meet up
Kindaichi: wow I'm 'this idiot' T^T
Kunimi: my* idiot :)
Kindaichi: I don't know if I'm being complimented
Kunimi: idk are you?
Kageyama: is he?
Kindaichi: shut up

- - - -

"Who're you talking to?" Kageyama immediately flinched and pushed his phone away from Hinata.

"Oh, and King, don't you think you should be studying? Or are planning to fail?" Tsukishima asked, his voice more mocking than dull.

Kageyama sighed and pressed the 'close' button. "Get off my back, Hinata," he snapped. "Aren't you supposed to be studying with Yachi-san?"

"Even you should be," Daichi said, this time.

"I'll be fine with Kanji, English is the culprit," Tobio quickly fell back, perfectly catching Hinata's foot under his weight.

"And for that, you have to study," Sugawara spoke up this time. "You too, Hinata."

"I already studied! Yachi lent us her notes!" Hinata protested and tried getting his foot out of Kageyama's grip. "Plus, I think I'll be better than Bakayama."

"As if, boke," the ravenette muttered.

Everyone in the small room sighed. Yachi nervously spinning in circles outside.

- - - - (next day; same time)

"Seriously?" Sugawara stared at 21(Hinata) and 38(Kageyama) graded papers in his hands. "'I already studied'?"

"Aha! Look at you're super senpais!" Everyone in the room turned to face Tanaka and Nishinoya as they struck a pose in their tank tops. "We passed!" They shouted and posed.

"You barely passed," Ennoshita corrected, tiredly.

"Barely made it over forty points," Sugawara murmured and then stared back at Hinata and Tobio. 

"Man, full score in Kanji," Daichi muttered, glancing at Kageyama's paper.

Tobio bit his lip, his grandfather's never ending Kanji lessons finally coming of some use- though he now could bitterly admit, the short breaks in between were fun.

"Chikara! Give me some acknowledgment for passing!" Tanaka fell from the pose and quickly ran to hug the latter. Ennoshita didn't look back at Tanaka and kept fiddling with bandaids in his hand.

"Good job on nearly missing failure," he responded, raising his brows and taking a deep breath (Tanaka hugging him from the back, bubbling apologies.)

"Asahi-san! Say something!" Nishinoya shouted at the ace, who flinched and gave a wavered laugh.

"Say something!"