Chapter 15: To Console/Confront Someone

W a r n i n g : [~f l u f f~]

[Iwaizumi]

(Before finding Kageyama)

Oikawa had convinced Iwaizumi that he had seen Kageyama run off somewhere here. Even though Iwaizumi had tried to reason with the brunette that Karasuno just lost, so no one would be in the sober mind to take things rationally, especially Kageyama.

Iwaizumi sighed as the short old lady, in jeans and a checkered top, light grey hair in a French braid, sat in front of her computer, her wrinkly hands clicking the mouse occasionally.

"Um, Nomura-san. . ." Oikawa awkwardly said.

"Nomura-san?"

"Oh yes, Hajime dear," Nomura looked up and smiled, her glasses sliding down her nose. "Oops, sorry dear, my hearing is just, ugh."

Nomura fixed her hair a bit and stared at Iwaizumi, who stared back into her blue eyes.

"So did you beat your opponents?" She asked, completely ignoring Oikawa.

"Haha, yeah," Iwaizumi said, smiling.

Nomura usually was like a grandmother to him, they originally had met at his grandma's funeral.

"Oh, yes, this is for you, Nomura-san," Iwaizumi pulled out a chocolate bar from his bag and handed it to Nomura.

"Oh dear, you remembered!" Nomura gratefully took the chocolate bar from Iwaizumi's hand, her face smiling.

"Can't you ask her if we can— ow!" Iwaizumi stepped on Oikawa's foot, shutting him.

"No problem, Nomura-san, I just wanted to ask if we could use that bathroom," Iwaizumi smiled, and pointed towards the bathrooms.

"Of course, dear— oh! Tooru-kun! I'm sorry I didn't notice you!" Nomura said.

Iwaizumi turned to Oikawa, who twitched his eye and smiled brightly and shook hands with the old woman. "No problem, Nomura-san! I just wanted to accompany Iwa-chan to the bathroom, there's nothing wrong."

Nomura smiled, her saggy skin lifting, "you both are adorable, you remind me of my nephew who had two soulmates, apparently, their relationship started out tough, but improved over time. . . Ah. . . Those times. . . I remember him coming home crying one day complaining that his soulmates were the same ones who. . ."

Nomura paused and smiled softly at Iwaizumi and Oikawa. "Look at me, I'm talking on, in any case, go ahead."

Iwaizumi was zoning out in the story. . . Two soulmates? Crying? Is that what Kageyama might've felt after realizing we were his soulmates?

"Iwa-chan?" Oikawa asked, snapping Iwaizumi from his trance.

"Yeah, sorry," He mumbled and thanked Nomura and opened the door.

"I told you Tooru, he probably isn't—" Iwaizumi paused as he spotted Kageyama standing in front of the mirror, his head low.

"Tobio?" He asked.

Kageyama didn't move a muscle, all Iwaizumi could see was the quiver of his lips.

He looked over at Oikawa, who had walked in behind him and grew silent as the door closed behind him.

Iwaizumi observed Kageyama's face in the mirror, there wasn't much other than the quivering of the younger's lips.

There was a pause until he finally noticed a tear roll down Kageyama's cheek. . . He was shocked, he didn't expect Kageyama to be this into the match. . .