21: Argument

Time had rushed past dinner quickly. Surprisingly, Nishinoya and Tanaka didn't play any of their stupid games in the bathroom. Instead, both of them had fallen asleep on the singular sofa in Karasuno's room, Asahi and Ennoshita placing blankets on them before proceeding to do what they were about to.

Narita, already sleeping in his futon while Kinoshita laid on his blanket, swaying his legs in the air and reading a novel.

°

Asahi, Daichi, and Ennoshita, were talking to some of the Shinzen and Ubugawa players [to which Asahi was reluctant, but dragged in by Daichi anyways, Ennoshita caught on the way.]

°

Tsukishima and Yamaguchi were somehow caught by some- boy named Kenshin from Ubugawa. Him, Sugawara, and Bokuto dragged them to play cards, Tsukishima finding the will to join only because of Yamaguchi.

°

Hinata was resting his head on Kenma's lap while they sat on his futon, in the Nekoma room, Inuoka to his left, talking with them. The current argument was on how and why Lev(the silver-haired player) was so tall.

°

Kageyama was standing in a corridor, leaning against an open window and staring aimlessly outside. Tonight was a half-moon, and it shone brightly, the light radiating at its end. If it weren't for them being in the suburbs, Tobio doubted he'd be able to actually witness a quiet night in Tokyo—Tokyo!

He leaned against the windowsill, sighing to himself. He was far away from the 'noisy' rooms and on the second floor, in front of the water fountain, occasionally clicking his tongue, trying to match the chirps of the crickets.

If he was sure, be remembered that his grandfather had told him something about how the temperature can be calculated by counting the cricket's chirps. Whatever it was, he couldn't remember it.

He reached his hand to twirl one of his hoodie strings with his fingers- just then, he heard a footstep. Spinning around immediately, he spotted the same silver-haired boy about eight feet away from him- in a sort of panicked- frozen position. As soon as the latter noticed, he flinched and looked down.

"Agah! I'm sorry, i—I— shouldn't 'eve had snuck up on you!" He stammered, making Tobio just stare at him in confusion.

Kageyama glared at him for a moment before saying, "I don't care," uninvitingly.

The latter let out a nervous laugh. "I'm sorry," the silver-haired boy apologized once again before walking towards Kageyama. "I'm Haiba Lev," he said, reaching his hand forward.

Tobio narrowed his eyes- couldn't this guy read the atmosphere? I want to be left alone?

Yet, he found himself turning around and shaking Lev's hand. "Kageyama Tobio," he introduced.

Lev's eyes seemed to sparkle suddenly. "Your sets are so amazing!" He exclaimed, making Tobio flinch.

"The way you just set the ball wherever Chibi-chan goes is so cool!" Tobio blinked hard. Not many people actually, genuinely ever complimented him, solely - without including much of Hinata. Though he did remember all the overflowing compliments he had received during his two years at Junior High [which he got annoyed of].

Lev let go of his hand and grinned, "I really wanna block Chibi-chan though," he said, taking the towel off his back and holding it in one hand. "The quick thing that happens is just so amazing!"

Tobio looked down, knowing that his face was probably painted with confusion. He hated compliments, but at the same time, somehow enjoyed receiving them. "How tall are you?" He asked, changing the topic and looking up.