Chapter 4: 3v3 (Kageyama) [2/3]

The red string of fate...

This is a string that ties your hand with your soulmate, there could be two strings, but that's on the uncommon-rare side, but is definitely possible.

The string looks like an average red thread, but is glossier, and can stretch as long as across the world.

There is no accurate time when you precisely are going to meet your soulmate or the age when you start seeing the string.

°•Kageyama•°

"We're gonna beat Tsukishima and join this team for real!" Hinata yelled, pointing his finger at Tsukishima and then him, making Kageyama back up a little and fall into his default frown.

"You'll get to play setter with your head held high," Hinata said, sounding more excited about setting than the setter himself, Hinata added, "and then you'll set for me!"
"Does it really matter who?" Kageyama thought to himself, though he did feel a release when Hinata said these things-
"That kinda pure and straightforward shit really gets on my nerves," Tsukishima said, then walked away.
........................
It was Tsukishima's turn to serve, "your spirit won't make up for the lack of height, if you think hard work trumps all else, then your sorely mistaken," saying that, he held the ball up to his eye level then threw it up; he did an upper hand, which Tanaka received as it fell in their court. Kageyama's eyes were glistening, who should he set it too?
"...over here!"
"...gimme!"
"...bring it on!"
Hinata and Tanaka's voices overlapped. Hinata can't face Tsukishima head-on... He thought. His thoughts raced, "Tanaka!" He yelled-
"KAGEYAMA!" Hinata's voice tore through, he stole a quick glance at Hinata, who was in the exact spiking location for a quick set.

His heart raced.
He felt fear, what if he misses?

"I'M HERE!" Hinata yelled again, waking Kageyama up from his trance, his eyes glistened. He located where the ball should go, he was going to set it to Hinata.

Kageyama felt the place around him get darker, it was an empty void; just him, the ball, the net, and Hinata. His eyes twinkled, not sure what emotion he was feeling. He suddenly remembered Oikawa, he remembered the way his father and Oikawa had taught him: keep your eyes on the ball.

Raise your hands.

Take deep slow breaths.

Move where the ball is about to fall.

Jump.

Push your hands up, feel the rough surface of the ball, feel it touch your hand.

Now, take your emotions and set them through the ball!

Kageyama did a quick.
The ball hit Hinata's hand.
It fumbled and fell into the other side, Daichi tried to receive it by diving but missed it.
"That was close, I nearly whiffed that one." Hinata began, but Kageyama couldn't hear him.

"What is this feeling? Is this emotional relief? Or is it just satisfaction? What is it?" Kageyama thought to himself.
"...but it went out." Hinata ended.
As much as Kageyama wanted to break down there, and hug Hinata, he didn't want to ruin his image, so he just decided to gawk and say, "what was that for!?"

The question was genuine, he wanted to know why Hinata had cried out to him, at the same time avoid the urge to hug the orange-haired idiot.
"The ball came to me," Hinata announced.
Kageyama was shocked, understanding how Hinata felt; Hinata finally was able to spike the ball. He, himself came over his fear of being abandoned.

"Who cares about junior high?" Hinata asked, Kageyama backed up, his pupils dilating, "I'll take whatever sets I get." Hinata kept going, "and I'll be grateful for all of them!"