Chapter 18: "We'll Be Right Back!"

[Kageyama]

Kageyama looked straight ahead, walking quick as he passed by rows of shrubs and newly planted trees. All that he could focus on was, why were they here?

He heard Oikawa and , footsteps behind him but could care less.

After all these years . . .why now?

The ravenette sighed and brought his free hand to press against his temples; why now after ignoring me for the past five years?

Miwa and Haiyaishi. Did I stir up trouble again?

He let out a breath that he didn't know was holding. Sure, maybe they just felt pity all of a sudden, right?

Right?

"OI!" A voice broke through his thoughts.

He blinked his eyes a few times and looked at Oikawa and Iwaizumi—who were staring at him with concern.

"Sorry. . ." he muttered and put his head down and started walking quicker.

Oikawa quickly ran in front of him—most likely making him purposely bump into the brunette. "Hey look at me for a moment," the brunette calmly said, Iwaizumi running up to their side.

Kageyama let out a sigh and finally looked up, "yes?"

"Listen. We don't know what's going on, and we won't force an answer from you--but please, your behavior is concerning," Iwaizumi said, then let out a sigh.

"Sorry. . . I'm just zoning out- but anyways, my house is about five minutes away," Kageyama quickly tried to change the subjects but knew he wasn't fooling both of them.

Oikawa let the poorly formed change-of-topic get praise anyway, "uwaa! Really? Your house!? Is it huge?"

"Thanks, Tobio," Iwaizumi smiled, then turned to Oikawa and narrowed his glare.

"Yeah, yeah, I know! Okay? Stop looking at me like that! Iwa-chan~ it's creepy," the brunette quickly jumped to Kageyama's left and smiled brightly again—flicking his bangs, "I would've said this anyways—but Iwa-chan just happens to like forcing me."

Kageyama looked down.

"Eh? You good Tobio-chan?" Oikawa crouched a bit and asked.

Kageyama looked back up and smiled—softly—then replied, "yeah, I'm good."

"Awee! Iwa-chan~ did you see that?" Oikawa quickly jumped to Iwaizumi's right and leaned on his shoulder.

Iwaizumi smiled a bit, then frowned, "yeah I did--now get off my shoulder! Lean properly if you want—just don't put all your weight on one side!"

"Iwa-chan, mean, but I like it like this," the latter made a pout face and dodged the 'bonk' that Iwaizumi was about to do.

"Anyway, leaving that aside, thank you Tobio-chan! Remind me to invite you over to my house as well," the brunette winked and took his position in between them again.

Iwaizumi finally burst out into laughter as Oikawa struck an overconfident pose again—just to have a leaf fall onto his face—to which he sneezed.

"Hey look, Tobio, you're smiling too," Iwaizumi moved from Oikawa's side and leaned on Kageyama's shoulder, "you should do that more often."

Oikawa rubbed his nose a bit and then turned towards them. "Ay, look who has a red nose now?" Iwaizumi said—to which Oikawa pursed his lips.

- - - - (A few minutes away from Kageyama's house)