Chapter 5: The String Reapeared! (IwaOi)

(Quick comment: Omigosh you guys are crazy- it hasn't even been a month and I've gotten 1k views... I JUST WANNA SAY THANK YOU! ILY GUYS! EVEN WITH SCHOOL IN THE WAY, I'LL TRY POSTING CHAPTERS MORE REGULARLY. [If you want, you can tell me what type of music you guys like so I can add it here.])
o(TヘTo) くぅ🏐

The red string of fate...

This is a string that ties your hand with your soulmate, there could be two strings, but that's on the uncommon-rare side, but is definitely possible.

The string looks like an average red thread, but is glossier, and can stretch as long as across the world.

There is no accurate time when you precisely are going to meet your soulmate or the age when you start seeing the string.

-Oikawa-

It was Saturday morning, maybe around 8 am when he saw the first traces of the red string. Tooru jumped off the couch and ran into his walk-in-closet, quickly pulling a black full-sleeved shirt on, layering it with a lime-green shirt, and black sweatpants.

He ran out and grabbed his phone and shoved it into his pocket, then went toward the front door, quickly putting his shoes on. He took the keys off of the shelf and opened the door; locking it behind him, and began running toward Iwaizumi's house, shoving the keys in his pocket while doing so.

About 5 minutes later, he reached his soulmate's house, wheezing for air. He walked up to the front door and rang the bell.

.

.

.

He heard footsteps and took a deep breath, he stared at the laminated wooden door in front of him suddenly the footsteps sped up, sounding as if someone was running. The door burst open and Tooru looked up at Iwaizumi, both of them taking deep breathes; apparently, Iwaizumi also had shoved his clothes on, wearing a black hoodie and black sweatpants with white stripes.

"Sorry-" Iwaizumi began but was interrupted by Tooru. "Close the door, and don't tell me you just noticed the string," the brunette hissed.

-Iwaizumi-

Hajimw stared at his soulmate, he realized that he was looking like the more immature one, rather than Oikawa- since Oikawa was holding his hand and dragging him. First off, the brunette technically just kidnapped him; he had no idea where they were going. Looking ahead of him, a familiar sight came in view; they were in their old hideout.

Wasn't much of a hideout anymore, Hajime thought to himself, looking at the place, the number of woods had decreased dramatically. He doubted catching beetles or picking pebbles in the creak was something any kids now even did.

Oikawa walked a little deeper into the woods and stopped, Hajime sensed two things- happiness and worry. And it appeared Oikawa did too, for a while they stood there, until Oikawa finally said, "I sense happiness."

Hajime looked at Oikawa, shouldn't they be going all happy that they were finally at the moment of meeting their soulmate? That's what he thought, he didn't take into account how much this could dramatically change them, Hajime's eyes softened.

"Oikawa." He said, pulling the later into a hug, "just so you know, let's find this person quickly before the string disappears."

"But what if they don't want us to find them?" Oikawa asked, "isn't that why they've been suppressing the string?"

Hajime paused, he didn't have an answer, but he really wanted to meet them. He pulled Oikawa closer, "maybe they don't, but we can at least find out who it is, and help them as a friend."