Chapter 4 (1/3): 3v3 (Kageyama) [1/?]

The red string of fate...

This is a string that ties your hand with your soulmate, there could be two strings, but that's on the uncommon-rare side, but is definitely possible.

The string looks like an average red thread, but is glossier, and can stretch as long as across the world.

There is no accurate time when you precisely are going to meet your soulmate or the age when you start seeing the string.

°•Kageyama•°

Thanks to the stupid orange-haired kid, Kageyama had to go on a 3v3 with the other two first years and another person. Of course, the people he was assigned with were: Hinata, and a "weird" or "eccentric" second-year named Tanaka, he hated this, especially since they were the noisy and loud type, who couldn't shut the fuck up.

Last night he had the same guilt-dream, the same volleyball match, the one where he was benched out. In his dreams, he remembered the same tall blockers in front of him, blocking his view; creating a wall. His dream would show a confused perspective of Kageyama, who was trying to figure out where and how he should set. The dream was filled with Kageyama's deep breaths; he set the ball, "move faster!"
Another set. "Jump higher!"
More... More... "Give me more!" He turned around. No one was there. No one was there to hit his sets. He watched the ball hit the floor and bounce off.
Why?
"Why won't you jump?"
A figure of Kindaichi answered, "we've had it up to here with you... you egocentric king!"
He looked at his volleyball jersey, it suddenly had a royal robe on it, and a crown on his head...
Be-be-beep! Be-be-beep!
His eyes had shot open, his palms sweaty, and his mind happy that the dream was over.
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Kageyama kept his eyes fixed on his shoes, he was on his way to school; as much as he didn't like school, he enjoyed walking there, since the way that he chose to walk was quite serene, with not many cars, people, or noise; just his footsteps, and the chirping of birds.

He paused, swearing he heard something; he turned around, that's when he saw him, the orange-haired kid bolting toward him; for a moment he couldn't grasp of what he should do- but as soon as the kid went past him, Kageyama knew that he had to beat him, so he rolled up his fist and yelled, "wait up. Hinata boke~!" and began running.

In no more than 3-4 minutes they reached the gym, he collapsed on the cement steps while Hinata was on his stomach on the grass. Tanaka walked past them and up to the gym door, "what's the point of getting worn out before the match?" he asked, as he pushed the door open and looked at the two first years fallen, "you better rest up." he called as he entered the gym.

"Damn... That was a draw." Hinata said, picking himself up from the ground.

Kageyama couldn't help but respond, "I won't ever lose to the likes of you." he looked down and breathed heavily, then looked up. Kageyama was shocked by the look Hinata gave him, a look filled with pride, and confidence, Hinata then replied, "you and I are going to win today." Kageyama looked away, he didn't like baseless confidence, it made him feel as if responsibility was put on him, but, he put his hand on his knee and got up, "let's get ready." he said, the tiredness in his voice gone.
"Yes!" Hinata answered as if he were a child getting ice-cream.

Kageyama froze as he heard a similar voice, "morning, King." he looked at where it came and saw Tsukishima, who was smiling at him sarcastically, with Yamaguchi trailing behind him, Kageyama's face grew emotionless and turned into a default frown; so did Hinata's; one thing was for sure, both of them had no place for a loss.
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
"Good morning." Kageyama heard the manager say as she entered the gym, her name was Kiyoko, right?- he thought. The name was confirmed as he saw Tanaka and Hinata start overlapping, "hey! Kiyoko, you look really lovely today, I love it when she ignores me!" He watched Tanaka compliment Kiyoko; while Hinata just said, "it's that hottie. That hottie's here!"