Chapter 19: The Price

(A/N THE WHOLE 'TOBIO OR KAGEYAMA' THING HAS DRIVEN ME TO THE EDGE. SO I'MA JUST CALL OUR BLUEBERRY, 'TOBIO.')

Tobio flinched awake from yet another strange dream. . . A dream in which he was trapped in some sort of box and people were banging on in from the outside. Then, the thing happened, that Mizu suddenly turned into a wolf and began chasing after him in the small box.

It took him at least a few moments to recollect himself—and, he realized that the banging indeed was real—and that Mizu was barking. He took a sharp breath and got off his bed. Shivering slightly at the sudden change of temperature.

Even though he himself didn't have enough body heat that really made a difference in the whole under-the-blanket thing, it still felt comfortable. The ravenette yawned and tiredly rubbed his eyes.

As usual, he had left the window open once again, so the moonlight that poured through the glass, illuminating the room enough for him to spot the clock:

12:55

Or about that.

"Mizu. . ." he sighed and stepped on his own sweatpants. "Shut up. . .!"

He blinked a few times, sleep consuming him every once. It didn't take him long until he finally brought his hands to slap his face, so he'd awake from the trance. That didn't work. He fell back on his bed at started drifting off to sleep—

The banging didn't increase in volume but just continued, making him turn in the bed and finally throw the pillow off in annoyance. Not that he cared about where it'd land anyways. Being disturbed from his sleep was probably one of the worst things that'd happen to him besides someone's passing.

He groaned and sat upon his bed, drearily looking around, trying different options of who possibly wanted to come over this time. "Damn it!" He didn't yell but spoke filled with exasperation.

He fidgeted a bit with his wristband but gave up on it and sighed. The ravenette brought his hands above his head and stretched a bit as he brought himself to stand up and head towards the closed door.

Keeping his door locked always was comfortable in his opinion, since you never know if anyone's sneaking around in the house. He felt around the wall to find the light switch—which only took a few seconds, but felt like hours.

The light flicked on, making him even more annoyed than he was prior. Honestly in his opinion, the house looked more friendly at night than in the morning. Reason? It was because of the old fluorescent stars that still were up and would shine.

As soon as he stepped on the last step, Mizu quickly ran up to his heels and barked. Tobio nodded in acknowledgment and sighed as he walked down the halls, not bothering to switch the lights on.

Mizu barked once more, causing him to sleepily snap. "Shush. Mizu."

His hand traveled to the door's knob, slowly the uneasiness of the timing rising to him. If someone points a gun at my head. . . wouldn't be so bad I guess, he thought to himself and felt his hand settle on the cool metal.

He twisted the knob and pushed the door open; Mizu happily barking again. "Ah! Finally! Tobio-chan—"

Tobio sighed and backed away, realizing the figures. "Yes, Oikawa-san?" The words came out more stressed and tired than he desired. Tiredly rubbing his eyes, he again fiddled against the wall to find the light switch—this time—to his luck—he found it on the second try.

"I have practice tomorrow—"

He was cut short by Oikawa, who happily invited himself in—pulling Iwaizumi and Tobio along. "You're gonna be so happy."