Chapter Nine

"Welcome to my humble abode." Cate spoke as she opened her hotel room, letting Sandra in.

Sandra smiled, stepping inside. She spent a good minute admiring the suite Cate got for herself. But still, she didn't want Cate to be alone in a hotel room; it was not advisable.

"The suite looks gorgeous." Sandra commented sitting on the couch. "But you don't need to be here and pay thousand dollars per day. That's not economical, you know."

Cate sat on the other end and took off her high-heeled boots. She gazed at Sandra who was looking at her, obviously waiting for her reply.

"I don't want to be with Andrew. It'd be hard for the both of us."

"You said it's a mutual decision. Aren't you two on good terms? How's the kids? They might suspect it."

"Yeah, it's a mutual decision. But I don't know. I just cannot be with him and he respects that. As for the kids, we are both trying hard not to get caught. We shall wait til Dash turns eighteen and we'll tell him, but not the younger ones."

"You know, why don't you live in your Victorian manor? That way you won't be spending thousands a day." Sandra suggested, scanning the whole place.

"We're still on tape and it would be more far." Cate replied. "I have extra clothes in that dresser, look for anything you want. I'll take a bath. You can take a bath after me."

"Yeah sure, thanks."

Sandra stood there watching Cate walk into the bathroom. She had no idea what had gotten into her when she kissed her in the car and then ended up inside Cate's suite instead of going home. She took out her phone and texted her kids' babysitter to let them know she wouldn't be home. She then took off her heels and walked over to the dresser. After trying on several nightgowns, she settled on a black silky dress that revealed her bare back. Cate had a great sense of style when it came to clothing, particularly lingeries.

When the two were finished with their routines, it took nearly an hour. Cate, who was wearing the same white silky dress Sandra was wearing, was already in bed when Sandra exited the bathroom. Her head was resting on the bedrest, and her legs were splayed across the mattress. The room was dimmed, but the light emitted by the lampshade was enough for Sandra to notice Cate's beauty.

"How's the water?" Cate asked, as she noticed Sandra.

Sandra walked towards the bed and sat at the foot of it. "It was great. It was loving to bathe after a long day of work." She chimed cracking her neck at the same time.

A subtle crack from her neck was heard. Cate looked at her and laughed. Sandra rolled her eyes sensing the mockery on Cate's laugh.

"Idiot. I'm exhausted. You shouldn't laugh."

Cate breathed and tried holding a giggle. "Well, that crack was really unlady-like."

Sandra rolled her eyes once more. "And as you already know, I'm not a full lady."

Cate smiled. She then sat up straight, tapping the space between her legs. Sandra looked at her, confused.

"Come here."

"Why?"

"Annette, don't be a hardheaded, kid. Just come."

"Excuse me? I am not a kid. A kid can't kiss with a tongue on."