Chapter Thirty Five

They would whisper each other's name a thousand times into the empty spaces of tomorrows. Again and again, and again. And they would repeat its letters and the way it falls off their tongues once more. This lifetime and in the next, they will ensure that they will meet between the boulevards or to rent a place when their feet starts to ache. They would keep whatever sugar treat they have inside their mouths and wish that one could just read the serenades dripping out of her brown eyes or the other ocean ones. To die together as lovers, to sleep for eternity as wives; They're aching to show how they'd hold each other in their arms. Kissing would feel like dying, and living, and being reborn all at the same time. To hold each other, and drink each other in. To bask in an infinite love-making under the apricot summers and misty winters, forever.

Finally, after all the bumps in the roads, the endless conflicts in the story, the secrecy of the affair, the endless cries and mourning, finally, they were ready to jump into a new chapter that would go on in this lifetime and in the thousands next. The day was alive, the sun rose up like the biggest sunflower adorning the sky; their hearts were crying out of joy. This was it. There would be no turning back. The grandest wedding to ever graced in the history of Hollywood was up; Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock were tying the knots, ready to intertwine their hearts for a million centuries to come.

There were thousands of people outside St. Patrick's Cathedral. Cameras of the media people were lining up in almost every corner possible. Outside the church, a red carpet was placed in the centre pavement towards the entrance. The neo-gothic inspired church was decorated with gold, expensive silks and linens falling like glitters in the air. Standing beautifully outside the church's door was the grandest arc of flowers. Inside, the church was lighted in yellow and golden hues that it almost looked like a palace. In every corner stood the most expensive piece of wedding decoration. Above head was a thousand candle-lit chandelier swinging in joy. The seats were occupied by people close to their hearts.

Ever dashing and beautiful in her white Dolce and Gabbana suit, Cate Blanchett was there, standing at the center of the altar. Her hair was falling up until her shoulders, her brown eyes gleamed in excitement. She tried to smile, but everytime she did, she would end up grinning like a five year old kid waiting for her second scoop of ice cream. Cate breathed in as the band on the left side started to play the mellow beats of Elvis Presley's Can't Help Falling In Love. The blonde smiled and looked at the still-closed door of the church. When the band rose to the first note of the first verse, the door opened and there stood Sandra in the most beautiful wedding gown Chanel had ever created. She was beautiful as she stood there with a bouquet of vandas and orchids on hands. She was a few meters away from the blonde, but her smile was so vivid. Her face was covered in a 16-foot long veil that featured a gorgeous, and an intricate embroidery. The moment the door opened, cameras started wilding and all the guests inside stood up and set their eyes on the most beautiful bride in gown. While thousands of eyes set towards Sandra, her eyes only stared back at the woman waiting for her in the altar. The world spinned slowly and everyone stopped, in a beat of a melodic heart, Cate and Sandra were once again trapped inside their own world.

Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you?

In front of Sandra were Laila and Edith dressed in their gowns. They held hands and with smiles, they both walked into the aisle. Cate laughed as she watched the girls smiling like princesses as they graced the carpeted-floor. The girls then went up to Cate and gave her a kiss before the two settled on their seats in the front. And then it was time. It was time for Sandra to take her step in becoming Mrs. Blanchett. Dash and Roman appeared on the brunette's side. They then kissed Sandra who was now crying. Andrew promised to walk in their wedding, but he couldn't anymore, but Dash and Roman were still his, and the boys took his spot. They were ready to walk Sandra down the aisle.