Chapter Thirty Six

The bright moon glittered up in the skies of Monte Carlo. The billion stars beamed like diamonds above. Cate stood in the balcony, a glass of champagne on hand and a darling smile displayed on her lips.

"I know you're staring." Cate revealed, her voice raw yet sensual - turning around as she met Sandra leaning by the balcony's glass door, "You were staring at me." She flatly spoke.

Sandra fastened her robe, "You were looking at the city lights, you didn't see me. So stop accusing."

A soft cackle passed through the blonde's red lips
Her giggles were sweet and it sounded like a forgotten song sang by angels. She then took her glass and emptied it before she raised her brow at the grinning brunette.

"I know you." Cate replied as she put down her empty glass on the table beside her, "Why don't you come  here?"

Sandra gave her a smile. The brunette slipped into her slippers as she tied her hair into a bun. After that, she then walked towards the blonde waiting for her by the balcony.

"Why were you staring at me?" Cate caught her waist and pulled the brunette til their hips met.

"Am I not allowed to stare at my wife?"

The blonde paused. She then gave Sandra a studying look which made the brunette roll her eyes.

"Am I not allowed?" Sandra asked once more.

Cate pulled her and kissed her exposed collarbone, "Of course, you are." The blonde pulled away and untied Sandra's hair, letting it fall in waves, "You look even more beautiful when your hair is free."

"And you are more beautiful when you're naked." A wink came out from the brunette and they laughed, "Anyway, I called my sister and I just talked to the kids, they are all okay." Sandra spoke, her fingers playing with the tie of the blonde's robe, "And Edith asked a favor." She looked up and met the brown eyes of the woman she loved the most.

"Favor?"

The brunette gave her a nod before she continued to play the robe's tie, "Hmmm."

"What is it?"

"She's asking for a baby brother."

A chain of laughter move out away from their lips. The sound of it sounded so nectarine along with the breeze of the Monte Carlonian air. Their eyes twinkled as they shared a good minute of laughter.

"Edith said that?" Cate asked in between her laugh, her eyes watered as she looked at the brunette who was laughing so hard too.

Sandra placed her hands on her knees as she tried to revive herself, "Yes." She laughed again, "And Laila and Iggy too."

"Oh my God." The blonde breathed, inhaled deeply as she tried to stop herself from exhaling another set of laughter, "They are so cute."

Sandra stood up, "I heard Roman on the line saying it can't happen. He was trying to explain that we're women and then Iggy screamed but they love each other and then Roman continued to explain." Sandra smiled as she inched closer to the blonde, "I don't think they'll get it. Our babies are too innocent."

Cate snaked her arms on the brunette's waist. A moment of tenderness replaced the laughter that sprung the air a little while ago. They paused and stared at each other's soulful orbs. The moment froze and time stood still as they lingered in the moment.

"Do you want to?" The blonde asked, her voice deep and serious, as if asking the brunette a secret that she could never disclosed.

Sandra gave her a sterling smile. The nostalgic warmth her smile had brought made the blonde smile back. The brunette then placed a quick kiss on the blonde's collarbone.