Chapter Twelve

Sandra emerged from the bathroom shortly after the muffling sounds of the shower had stopped. Her eyes glowed as she noticed Cate sitting on their bed, but the gleam vanished when she noticed one hand on the crook of her neck, slowly massaging it.

"Baby, you okay?" She asked, walking towards the blonde with so much concern, "Are you in pain?"

Cate looked at her and elicited a cackle, drawing her hand on the air, "Oh this is nothing," she sat on the bed, smiling at Sandra who was standing in front of her, "How's the water? Did you enjoy the shower?"

Sandra walked to the vanity area where she picked up a bottle of lotion, in the fragrance of vanilla and daisy, in which she knew, it's Cate's favorite. She looked at Cate as she poured the lotion on her palm and applied it on her legs.

"I did, but I would have been enjoying it more if you were in the shower with me." Sandra commented, followed by a wink in which she did poorly.

Cate burst out laughing at her remark. The blonde rose from her seat on the bed and began making the bed, fluffing out their pillows while Sandra continued to apply lotion. Cate then sat down on the bed, letting out a soft groan with her lips. Sandra looked at her lover, who was lying on the bed with her eyes closed, obviously in pain. She finished applying lotion to her body and walked over to the bed, holding the lotion in her hand.

"Lie on your back."

Cate opened her eyes and was welcomed by a smiling Sandra, obviously waiting for her to grant what she commanded. Their room was dark, but the glow on Sandra's face and the gleam on her smile were illuminating the whole room. Cate didn't fail to notice that and it made her grin.

"Why? Are you gonna make love to me?" She asked sexily, putting a finger on her mouth while staring hungrily at her lover.

Sandra sat on the bed and placed her hand on Cate's waist, squeezing it a little. The light contact made Cate adjust her form on the bed. Nights for them, especially when they were off from work were made just like that - sensual and delicate touches, the smiles on faces and whispering of sweet affirmation 'til they fell sound asleep made everything felt right and magical.

"Yes, I'm gonna make love to you. So now, lie on your back, Ms. Blanchett." Sandra replied, trying to turn Cate down.

Cate chuckled, but fought to remain on her position, "I like that," she answered, "But I like when I'd be called Mrs. Bullock. I really want to steal your surname. What do you think?" She proposed, wiggling her brows.

Despite the absence of light in their room, Cate did not fail to notice the turning of Sandra's cheeks to crimson red. The brunette bit her lip, trying to hide the extreme giddiness she felt with Cate's playful antics. Instead of playing along, she pinched Cate's waist, earning a groan from the blonde.

"Ouch! Why do you have to pinch me?"

Sandra slapped her from behind, "Come on, don't play with me. Lie on your back, slowpoke."

Cate did, but returned to face her again, "Don't try to fuck me from behind."

Sandra laughed and backed Cate down on bed, "I do not need to fuck you. Truth to say, I am the one who is at risk here, because between the two of us, you're capable of fucking me without my knowing."

"Second shot. I'm hurt again."

"Yeah and I know your neck and back are hurting too."

Sandra lifted Cate's nighty blouse, subtly exposing her alabaster skin. Her back was well-toned, with minimal brushes of freckles that looked so much like constellations. Sandra stared at Cate's back for a good minute, admiring it in the most gracious way. Her lover's back was carved to perfection; it looked like a canvass of art, and she could just stare at it forever.

"You're going to give me a massage?" Cate asked and turned again to face Sandra, not minding her blouse being lifted and her breasts on full view, "Honey, you don't need to."

"I know, silly. It's just that I want you to feel good and somehow relax."

Cate held her hand and gave her a sweet smile. "We can just lay down and cuddle. That makes me relax."

"Stop playing with me, Catherine Elise. Now turn your back and let me massage you." She commanded, slapping Cate's butt at the same time.

The blonde rolled her eyes and turned her back on Sandra again. She buried her face on the pillow when Sandra started pouring a good amount of lotion on her back.

"I'd still like you to fuck me though."

"Baby, I'm not a sex slave, you know." The brunette answered as she started running her hands on Cate's back.

Soft muffled moans were heard as Sandra started working. She kneaded Cate's shoulder blades in an adequate pressure, down to her lower back. The feel of Sandra's touches against Cate's skin was enough to calm the feral waves of Cate's exhaustion. Sandra took her time massaging  Cate; she enjoyed taking good care of her and in that very moment, Cate knew she's blessed.

"Thank you, sweetheart." Cate whispered as she snuggled on her lover's neck.

Sandra giggled and placed a kiss on the blonde's head as she wrapped her arm around Cate. Cate, after the massaged, laid on top of Sandra. Her exhaustion and the stinging pain on her body faded and the smell of faint daisy and vanilla  on Sandra was pulling her into a state of calmness. The solemnity of the night was perfect, giving the fact that they're connected, skin to skin, in the closest way possible. Cate held Sandra's hand and kissed each of her knuckle.

"Thank you again."

Sandra touched her cheek and caressed it, looking deeply into her eyes - the descent amount of sheer  happiness reflecting on Cate's cerulean eyes made her smile. Knowing that Cate was happy made her happy; her happiness was one of her priorities.

"You are always welcome, baby." Sandra spoke and placed a sweet kiss on the blonde's lips.

The tender and the three-second kiss made their hearts jumped in joy. It was way too sweet and way too pure. They may not be able to shout to the world that they belonged to each other, but at least in the four corners of their room, they knew in the back of their palms that they were born for each other.

"Can you fuck me now?" Cate asked, as she gestured to kiss her again.

Laughing genuinely, Sandra answered, "I'll be fucking you every night  for the rest of our lives and I'll start tonight."

***