Chapter One

"So Cate will be playing as Lou Miller. You will be Debbie Ocean's best friend. But in this film, we will try to make it look as if there's something going on between you two." 

... there's something going on between you two.

Cate and Sandra listened intently as Gary Ross explained a subtle detail about the characters they would be playing in Ocean's 8. They were in the meeting room with the rest of the cast. It felt more like a "meet the cast" day. As the words slipped out of the director's lips, Sandra was doomed as she couldn't stop looking at Cate, who was playing with her hair, twirling it in a sexy motion while laughing with Sarah Paulson beside her. She rolled her eyes at the Cate and Sarah scene. They appeared to be close, but she was sure they were because they had previously worked together in a film in 2015.

"I'm gonna leave now. You guys can stay if you want to so you can get to know the other cast." Gary exclaimed before he exited the door. 

Gary went out along with the staff, and with the closing of the door, Sarah jumped out of her seat and crashed herself to Cate. That scene made Anne and Mindy laugh. 

"Carol, I didn't know you would be here." Sarah spoke, cupping Cate's face with her hands. 

"Oh Abby, I forgot to tell you about my whereabouts. Would you forgive me?" Cate chimed. 

Everybody laughed, except Sandra, who got her sling-bag and let it hung on the crook of her shoulders. She seemed to not like the scene playing in front of her. And the thought of being with Cate in the same room suffocated her gradually. She could not take it. 

"Let's go to my place! Tequilas and margaritas will be there. It'd be great to create memories with each other before we start filming. Whose up? " Sarah suggested, crossing an arm with Cate, who was all smiles. 

Everyone agreed except Sandra. 

"I'm really sorry, guys. I mean, I am so excited to work with you all and it'd be great to join, but I have to be back home. I promised Louis and Laila that I'd paint their playroom today. " Sandra lied, twitching her lips to make it look like a truth. 

"Awe, it's okay." Mindy mumbled and held Sandra's hand. "I admire you so much and I can't wait to work with you, Gracie Hart." She whispered, but loud enough for everyone to hear, which made everybody laugh. 

"I'll surely join you next time, guys." Sandra promised, kissing the cast goodbye. "I promise." She continued kissing everyone, but stopped when she stood face-to-face with Cate. 

Cate drew a smile. "You promise what?" 

And with that question, Sandra lost her track. She got it, right through the core. Cate's question sounded like a flirty joke to the rest of the cast, but not to her. She knew she had intended another meaning for it. Once she was pulled back to reality, she touched Cate's cheek with her right hand, sliding her fingers up to her cheek in a sensual manner. If Cate wanted a game, she, on the other hand, could play, too.

"Guys, get a room!" Awkwafina cracked. 

Sandra smiled, not minding the remark. She then gave Cate an intense stare. She was enjoying the scene of the blonde who looked tense and it made her smile even more.

"I promise to join you..." She drew her eyes to Cate's lips. "... next time. Next drinking session." She blurted out before kissing Cate goodbye. "Bye guys! "See you on Monday, criminals. " 

Cate exhaled a breath when she watched Sandra exiting the door. Why on earth did she sign the contract? Seeing Sandra and being with Sandra made her want to back out. But somehow, there was a part of her that wanted it. 

"Beautiful brown eyes." She absentmindedly spoke. 

"Watcha say, Cate?" It was Helena who heard it, and that made all the eyes in the room dart at Cate. 

"Sandra has a beautiful pair of brown eyes, doesn't she?" 

***