Chapter:28

(Please check authors note at end thank you)

                       Perspective of Kurapika

  Wind rushing in my ears does little to drown out my heartbeat. After Leorio informed us of Gon leaving us behind, we took off after him. He has a far head start. Doesn't help with how fast he runs.

None of us speak a word. The only sounds between us is rapid panting. The tension in the air being drawn tighter by the menace hovering around Meleoron. He hasn't spoken once since the phone call.

  As if reading my thoughts Leorio bumps my arm. I turn my head to him and he flicks his eyes towards the direction of the ant. He knows things will turn out badly if we don't handle this now.

Waving my hand we pull off into some of the trees. The chameleon doesn't say a word. He leans against a tree, eyes down.

"Meleoron, are you sure you are ready enough to come with us?" Leorio asks.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

   "Well...given the events...we are worried. We don't need you to rush in like a mad man out for blood."

  "Relax. I'm fine." He replies taking a shaky breath.

Listening to the tone of his voice he's all but fine. His body language isn't its usual manner either.

"Don't lie to us. We need you to be straight forward here." I tell him sternly. "We can't go in to help those two when we have to worry about you going and getting yourself killed!"

He narrows his eyes at me.

"I know what you're feeling Meleoron. I've been through it. Letting your rage take control of you won't do any of us any good."

"I appreciate your concern. But I frankly don't care. You guys are amazing friends. But there's no replacing him. In a sense he was the only family I had. I have no idea where the other Chimera are. I see my options like this. I either die and join Ikalgo, or I go in there and avenge him. Even if I can't avenge him, I will at least go down trying to. All the while I give my life to help Killua and Gon."

  "You know how that would make the both of them feel right? They would feel awful if you died trying to help them. Even if it is for Ikalgo." Leorio says attempting to bring Meleoron to reason. "We all want to avenge Ikalgo and we will but we have to do this without risking the life of one more."

  Meleoron opened his mouth to respond but a loud boom echos through the woods. I turn to Leorio. "That was Gon wasn't it?"

  He nods. "Most likely at the gate." Completely tossing the conversation to the side we sprint in the direction of the sound hoping for the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Perspective of Gon

  "Killua you better not have broken your promise or you will regret it." I seethe under my breath. No thoughts of a plan or the others in my head. Just Killua. I won't lose him again!

  But something makes me freeze in my tracks. I stop and look around for a moment. It's the spot Canary beat me the first time we came to the mountain.

   "Talk about Deja Vu huh Gon?" As if reading my thoughts she appears from behind a tree. "Long time no see."

  "Canary, please don't make me fight you. I have to get Killua." I plead. "I don't want to hurt you. Illumi on the other hand.."

"Don't worry Gon. I'm not here to fight. I figured you would be coming when I saw that damn clown with Killua."

Before she continues I take off like a shot towards the mansion. "Leorio was right! We shouldn't have trusted him now he's delivered Killua right back to his family!"

   I can feel the anger building up inside me. Angry at myself for trusting Hisoka. Angry at him for taking Killua from me. The pressure in my chest keeps growing until it starts to focus on my fist involuntarily.

  But before I'm able to release this rage, canary has appeared in front of me again. The house only a couple hundred feet behind her. "Gon stop! You won't survive if you charge in like this!"

  "If I'm going to save Killua I have to!" I shout back at her.

  "No you don't understand! Hisoka did this on Master Zenos orders. Killuas grandfather."

  "What about Ikalgo? Did Hisoka kill him too? Was it ordered by Killuas grandfather?"

"No that was me." An ominous voice chimes in behind me. I spin around to see Illumi. With slightly shorter hair on one side. "What are you doing here Gon." He spits out my name like it's poison.

"I'm here to take back Killua and Alluka. You can't have them. It's not your choice!"

"But I'm Killuas older brother. He's my family. What are you? A simple island boy with nothing to his name. Not worth my little brothers time."

Illumi steps closer forcing me to take a step back. "I'm stronger than you, and you know it. If Killua can't beat me, what chance do you have? My brother is meant to be an assassin. Not the toy of some outsider to our world."

He takes another step and I continue to keep distance. "You don't know anything Illumi! I love Killua! And he loves me! I wouldn't do anything to hurt him. All you ever do is hurt him and cause him suffering." I retort.

  "Is that a fact? Then what about a year ago? When he was trying so desperately to save you even after you pushed him to the side. Or even after he saved your life, you thanked him not by spending time with him, but by leaving him to go to your daddy. The father that didn't even want to raise you." Illumi blood lust is seeping out in waves. Pushing me back more than Hisokas ever had.

  "I...we forgave each other for our mistakes! For the things we did wrong!" He stomps towards me cutting me off.

  "What is forgiveness? Can you forgive someone after they've hurt you? Can you truly forgive them? Deep down in your heart, that pain still remains. Lingering. A sense of dread and worry that will never go away. Leaving you forever wondering if it will happen again."

  "I....I...." The words to retort don't come out. Fear has taken over the rage and anger I was feeling. And the last thing I see is the shine of needles racing towards me.

(Authors Note) What's this? Nani a new chapter? DAMN RIGHT! IM BACK BABY AND I FEEL THE DRIVE! Granted I had to re read my work and I took the extra time to read comments left by many of you. And I'd like to ask if someone of you truly enjoy my work. If there's anything you want to point out please do. And another question, many of you don't seem to like any smut or inuendos made in the past and I'm not sure if it's me writing bad or something else. I want to know if you guys will want me to write smut in the future or not. It's also 10 at night and I have work tomorrow. Am I gonna sleep? Nope cause I'm on a roll and gonna work on the next chapter.