Chapter:8 The Old Friend

Perspective of Gon

   "Killua?!" My eyes widen in shock. The biggest smile grows on my face and I tackle him hugging tight. "KILLUAAA!!" I exclaim again my face in his shoulder. I feel him hesitate for a moment before hugging me back tightly. "Gon..." he says quietly.

   "It's been way too long Gon." He says to me I feel his hug tighten like he doesn't want to let go, but I don't want to either. "I've missed you...so much Killua." I feel tears starting to try and get free. "Onīsan? Is everything ok?" Alluka asks. She looks over and sees me before smiling and backing away into the kitchen.

   After what feels like an eternity we separate despite me feeling like it was still too short. Killua sniffs as if holding back his own tears, as he smiles at me. "How have you been you Baka?" I feel my heart melt with joy and my cheeks flare up a bit. Oh, how I've missed hearing him call me that.

   "I've been ok. I just got back from helping with the Hunter Exams. I was the examiner for the first phase!" He looks at me surprised. "Really? But you are only 14! They let you do the phase by yourself?" I nod.

  "Yep. Started the phase just like at Heavens Arena. One on one with me. Then the 80 Kilometer run and the stairs before resting the night at a Hunter Association building for the night. Then I got back not that long ago. Saw your note in my room and came down. Of course, I didn't know it was your note at the time."

   Before Killua can respond Alluka clears her throat and he looks at her and she points to the door. "Oh right. Do you mind if we go up to your room Gon? So it's just me and you for us to catch up...and such?" Killua says hesitantly. "Yeah. Let's go." I say walking out the door. Killua nods to Alluka and follows closing the door behind me. We walk to the stairwell and head back to my room.

   We arrive at my room and I open the door and let Killua in first before stepping in after and shutting the door. I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. Here I am, all alone with Killua. I feel so many rushing emotions but can't pin down any of them. "Should I tell him?...just do it now?" I think to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                 Perspective of Killua
   "Ok calm down Killua." I think walking over to the bed. My heart feels like it's about to burst out of my chest. "G-Gon?.." I say quietly as I sit on the bed. He looks at me suddenly like his mind was elsewhere. There was something else I had to get off my chest first. "Do you...forgive me?.." he tilts his head like a puppy, my heart could barely take how adorable it is. "Forgive you? For what?" He questions.

   "For everything I've done to you." I hang my head. "It's all my fault you got hurt. I wasn't there with you at the palace...I wasn't with you...when...when you..."I trail off not wanting to say it.

    Realization spreads across his face and he rushes in and hugs me tight. I can feel drops on my shoulder, my shirt getting wet. "Killua..that's not your fault!" He sobs. "That was my own doing! I was selfish and hurt you! And you went through hell to save me." He looks at me tears rolling down his face.

   "I was so blinded by my rage and hatred, I hurt the one I love most!" He cries out before hiding his face on my shoulder. I wrap my arms around him I feel my own tears starting to break free. I squeeze him tight as we cry away from the pain of the past, holding onto each other as if some force would separate us again.

   He looks up at me and starts trying to wipe my face with his sleeve. "Why are you crying Killua?" He asks his voice shaky. "You shouldn't be crying. It wasn't your fault." I feel more tears start to build up.

    "Because I still feel responsible for what happened. I wasn't there and I've blamed myself for it every day since it happened." I say as the tears begin flowing anew. Gons own tears started up again. "I'm sorry Killua. It's all my fault. I promise Killua I will never do something like that again! I don't want to ever hurt you again."