Chapter:17

Perspective of Killua

I can feel my heart pounding in my chest as I continue to run across the rooftops of the city. "Where? Where are they? Where did they take her?" Are the only thoughts in my head.

I leap over a alleyway to the next building, landing hard and slipping on the gravel. I tumble over and slide, stopping at the edge of the roof. I look down to the lit up street full of cars and people walking unaware of the situation unfolding around them.

I step back and look to the next building and prepare for to jump when I hear some of the gravel on the roof shift. I quickly snap around ready for an attacking from Illumi to stop me from following.

"Easy Killua, easy!" Says the voice of Meleoron in the darkness. He reveals himself appearing out of thin air with his hands up. "Relax bud. It's just me.

The tension in my body leaves for a second upon seeing him and my legs buckle for a moment, causing me to stumble. "Jeez me Meleoron you should know better than to sneak up on me."

"Well with how you were bolting around like a mad man, id rather try not to just pop up suddenly. Seems more like a way to get killed. What the hell is happening Killua?" He asks leaning against the door leading inside the building.

"My brother kidnapped my little sister! They snatched her from right under my nose and I'm trying to catch up to them but I don't have a trail!" I say rapidly without stopping for a breath.

"Kid slow down. I can barley understand you." He says raising and lowering his hands. "Start from the beginning."

I stop for a moment and take a deep breath trying to collect my thoughts. "Ok. So we got back to the hotel. Me and Gon dropped off Alluka in our room because she was tired. Then we went to Gons room to talk and whatever." I say my cheeks warming slightly leaving out a few details.

"Not long after Kurapuka and Leorio appeared at our door to surprise Gon. We began to chat when we heard a loud crash through the floor. Then lo and behold the window to the room had been broken open and Alluka was nowhere to be found."

"I proceeded to immediately jump out the window to try and chase them but I couldn't figure out which way they went. I started to dart around trying to find a clue and have found nothing." I finish before taking a deep breath.

   "I see, I see. Maybe there are some clues back at the hotel room? Judging from your story you ran out without a second thought." He replies. "Head back there and look around. I'm sure you will find something there."

   "Ugh...you're right. Running around blindly won't get me anywhere. It will just waste more time." I say surrendering my chase. "Guess I'll head back."

   Meleoron rights himself off the wall and walks next to me. "I'm coming with you. From the sound of it you need as much help as you can get."

   We start a slow jog and leap to the next building back the way I came returning to the hotel. "I'll call Ikalgo to meet us there when we actually get there." I nod and keep running.

   New thoughts begin to swirl through my head now that I've slowed down. One new thought being. "I hope Gon isn't too worried about me." I start to regret running off so hastily.

    I try to push the thoughts from my head as we bound across another alley. Upon landing I hear the shift of gravel and a thud. "OW! Son of a bitch!" Meleoron cries out sitting up. "What the help happened?"

   "Don't mind me. Just stubbed my toe on the ledge." He stands and dusts himself off before walking ahead of me. "C'mon c'mon, we ain't got all night." He says to me running off. With a slight limp.