Chapter:33

Perspective of Gon

In the days that followed. Uncertainty sat in my heart. Meleoron remained unconscious since being thrown by Illumi. Alluka on the other hand has been awake. Doctors keeping a watch on her. Turned out her oxygen levels were low and had an overload of sedative in her system.

Killua has been quiet since then. Hardly moving from her side. When she woke up we filled her in on the events. She was very apologetic about it despite having no control of the situation.

Hisoka had stopped by a few times to check on us. I asked if he finished the job and he simply responds with "Whatever do you mean?"

I sit in the hospital room with Killua and Alluka. The latter happily eating pudding in the bed. The former however has his fingers laced, resting his chin on his hands. Staring at the tile floor as if it was the most interesting art piece.

My heart aches. I want to come closer to him. But his very presence has a negative aura about it. As if he does have regrets.

"Was Illumi right? Does Killua feel regret of knowing me? Does he still feel pain when he looks at me?" I question myself. My mind and heart seem to argue at this matter making me sick to my stomach.

"Baaka." Killua finally speaks dragging me from my thoughts. "Are you seriously still thinking about what Illumi said?"

"What if he's right Killua? What if you don't fully forgive me in your heart? Even with our feelings for each other, we didn't talk for an entire year so that must mean something itself."

He sits up looking at me directly. "Gon. Do you know why I choose not to go with you to see your father?"

Alluka perks up at this and looks towards her brother.

"It wasn't entirely because of Alluka. I didn't tell you the full truth at the time. In reality I made a promise to Bisky."

"A promise? When did you make her a promise?"

"Remember when we were training to try and beat Shoot and Knuckle? She said to me 'If you can't beat shoot you have to leave Gons side.' She believed if I stayed with you longer. I would get you killed."

I sit quietly processing these words. Bisky wanted Killua to leave.

"I didn't want to. But after what happened I decided it might be for the best."

"But that's not fair. I had left you to fight pitou by myself. Hell, I insisted on going alone. I'm the one who put my life in danger not you. After all of it you risked even more to save me!"

   "That's not entirely true either. I left you first. Your words when we confronted her were painful. I left and joined the others. While you waited. I shouldn't have left you go by yourself either, but I couldn't figure you out. I had questions but the potential answers scared me. So in a sense, Bisky was right. I didn't stay by your side as I probably should have. The only reason you lived was because of palm."

He lets out a sigh. "You are supposed to be the one who does something crazy and I'm the one who talks you out of it. And I wasn't there to do that."

But it still wasn't his fault. I was selfish. I was angry. So filled with hatred and blood lust I was blinded. To the point I threw my life away just for revenge.

"But stop worrying about it." He gives me a small smile. "It's over. And we have apologized for it again and again. At this point we are practically running circles. Me and you are alive. Alluka is safe. Besides if Illumi was right do you think we'd still be around? You getting injured help me save her. As morbid as that sounds."

   I nod. "Right."

  "I usually am Gon. Everything worked out. So why fuss?"

I take a deep breath and press my hands against my cheeks. When did I become the one who over thinks. Usually Killua is the one doing that.

I hear the door click and Leorio pokes his head in. "Are you two finally talking? You both have been like energies of doom and gloom the past two days."

"Sure, everything is fine long as neither of us continue to over think." Killua says admitting to have been deep in thought himself.

"What's to over think? We are all here. Safe and sound."

Killuas face darkens a touch. "Not all of us Leorio. Another life taken by Illumi. Another reason I will never forgive him." He lets out a breath and his expression lightens. "How is Meleoron doing?"

"Better it seems. He's kind of in and out of consciousness. He ended up taking a blow to the head. Mild concussion but should be fine with enough rest."

   I tilt my head back against the wall. Even if I don't over think there was a lot that happened in a short time. Alluka being kidnapped. Ikalgo being murdered. Meleoron getting injured. Me nearly loosing my life, again. But I suppose that's how it often is. The world will hit you like a brick with bunjee gum when you least expect it.

"Doctors said you guys can check out tonight. Alluka is doing well so no reason to stay." Kurapika says finally speaking.

"Yeah? Name a hotel that will actually take us." Killua says with a joking tone. "I'm pretty sure we are on a list for the damages."

Leorio pinches the bridge of his nose. "Ugh don't remind me. Because the two of you took off so fast the hotel made me pay for them. Hunter license gave a discount but it wasn't cheap."

"Yeah yeah." Killua hops to his feet. "Then I'm going to head up to the roof for a bit and catch some air." He tilts his head to me. "C'mon Gon want to talk to you."

A talk in private? Maybe he wants to say something serious. But what?

(Authors notes) okay everyone. Here we are. The next chapter is very likely to be the last one depending on how I play it. As of the time of posting I'm still working on it. If needed or demanded I will do an epilogue. Until then. Have a great day!