Chapter:1 The Year After

Perspective of Gon

I groan agitated and cover my eyes with my arm as the morning sun shines through the thin hotel curtains right into my eyes. I try to go back to sleep but find myself unable to with the light shining. "Damn it..." I say sleepily sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

I look around squinting slightly the sun still in my eyes. "Guess that means it's time to start the day." I stretch and hop out of bed. "What do I want to do today?" I think to myself. I grab the tv remote and turn on the morning news to check the forecast. "Looks like it's gonna be sunny and warm today." I look around the room and walk over to the window and open the blinds.

"I feel like I'm forgetting something..."I think to myself "but what could it be?" I look back at the Tv and see the date. January 7th. What did I have to do today? Suddenly it clicks and my eyes widen "Aw Man! I'm supposed to help with this year's Hunter Exams!" I rush over to my bag to grab a pair of my clean black boxers and my green shorts before going into the bathroom to shower.

"In hindsight, I should have written this down. I hope I'm not late.."I think to myself as I fiddle with the hotel shower knobs trying to get the temperature right.

"I don't know why they chose me to do phase one this year. I almost died last year." I think back to the invasion of the palace to kill the Chimera Ant King. My fists clenched reflexively thinking about Pitou.

"I was so angry..a pure rage filled monster.." I tear up at the thought of Killua having to watch me like that. I look up letting the water run down my face. "I wonder where Killua is..." I think to myself. "I miss him. But I know he is out there spending time with Alluka" I smile but inside I feel hurt thinking that.

I always get upset thinking about  Killua. My heart races at the thought of him but I feel a pain in my chest knowing he isn't here with me. Rub my face my hands and try to push Killua away for right now, hard as that may be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Perspective of Killua
"Onīsan! Onīsan!!" Alluka said shaking me awake. "Come on! It's time to get up!" I turned over and covered my face with my arm. "Alluka why are you waking me up so early?" She shakes me again. "What do you mean early?" She walks over to the hotel blinds and pushes them open letting in all the light. "It's bright and sunny!" The light shines directly into my eyes and I hiss at it hiding away under the covers. "Alluka why? The sun is too bright!" She pulls the covers away.

"Cause you need to get up Onīsan! Get ready for the day!" I sigh and sit up and rub my eyes with the base of my hands. "Ok ok. I'll get ready" I pat her head. "Normally I don't let people get away with waking me" She giggles. "You let Gon wake you up!" She points out and i tense up slightly at his name.

It had been over a year since I heard or seen Gon. I try not to think about him too much. I don't want Alluka to see me upset. "Yeah that's true but that's Gon. He's my best friend!" I say to her smiling. "I wish he was more than that though." I think to myself as I stand up and stretch.

"Let me get washed up for the day first ok?" I ask her. And she nods "That's fine. You don't need to be all smelly walking around." She waves her hand in front of her face. "Hey! I don't smell that bad." I retort in mock offense. As I grab a pair of my black gym shorts and grey boxers.

As I walk over to the bathroom the upstairs neighbor sounds rushed making a lot of bumping sounds as they run around. "Geez, other people are at this hotel. You would think they know to be quieter." I say aloud. Alluka nods "they been bumping around for a while. Pretty noisy." She sits on the bed and starts watching tv to keep herself occupied. I walk into the bathroom and close the door behind me placing my clothes on the counter.

I quickly strip out of my clothes and look at myself in the mirror. "Every scar has a story," I say to myself looking at the various scars around my body. I poke the scars from my battle with the pair of chimera ants that treated me like a dartboard. "If it wasn't for Ikalgo I wouldn't be alive today. Buuuut at the same time I wouldn't have been said situation if he hadn't already shot me and lured me into the trap." I smile a little and step into the shower getting it as hot as it can go. I let the heat of the water envelope me, I run my fingers through my fluffy hair as Gon would call it. "Gon...."I whisper quietly. "Where are you? What are you doing? Do you miss me?" I feel my heart sink thinking about him.

I hit the side of my head with the base of my palm. "Damn it Killua. Don't think about Gon. He probably doesn't even remember me now. Off doing things with his dad." I let the water from the shower drum against my head, hoping these thoughts wash away with the shampoo.
I resume and finish up my wash after he is gone from my head, and step out of the shower grabbing a towel.

"Just spend time with your sister. Have fun. Don't worry about anything else." I don't bother using a towel to dry my hair and give my self a quick jolt of GodSpeed to dry it rapidly. It also put my hair back the way I like it.

I slide into my boxers and shorts before hanging the towel on the rack and stepping out of the bathroom. "Ok Alluka, are you set to go?" I ask grabbing a pair of socks and slipping on my shirt. "Mhm!" She nods. "Have you thought about what you have wanted to do today?" She asks. "Well, a bit. We can go down to the lobby and have breakfast then walk around the city till we see something that interests us." I explain as I tie my shoes.

She nods and hops off the bed. "I like that idea. I'm hungry!" She whines slightly. "Then let's go eat." I pat my pockets making sure I have my wallet, phone and room key. I open the door to the hall and Alluka steps out and I close it behind me.

*authors note* Hi! Thanks for reading the first chapter of my fanfic. Apologies if it's bad or cliche and such. This is my first fanfic. Please bear with me on this. I'll be uploading the next chapter as soon as possible. My friend who I have working as like my editor is a tad slow at times. I hope the pacing isn't too slow for some of you. So please enjoy and leave thoughts in the comments. Thanks!!