Chapter:27

Perspective of Killua

"I swear old man I didn't harm him."

  "Then why the hell is he still asleep?" I hear two familiar voices arguing. "I would have figured he wake when you took him."

  I slowly open an eye and observe my surroundings. A dark cobble room. A single torch on the wall flickering weakly. Definitely not the hotel room.

  "Oh look~, he's finally waking up." I know that voice without a second thought. It makes my skin crawl. "Good morning Killua." He grins at me coming into view.

   "You have three seconds to explain where I am, Hisoka." I hiss at him. I try to move my arms but find they keep snapping back together.

   "Calm down Killua. I asked him to bring you here." The second voice floats from my left. I turn and see grandpa Zeno standing calmly.

  "Gramps?" At this point confusion has taken hold. "What do you mean?"

   "Well. Simply put boy, I needed to have a conversation with you. In private." He eyes Hisoka finishing his sentence. At this the slender male bows dramatically and exits the room quickly.

   "Now I want you completely honest with me. Do that, and if I'm satisfied with your answer, you will be out of here before even your father knows you are here." He sits cross legged in front of me patiently.

  "Ok? Ask away." It feels strange to be back in a room like this. Even stranger to see grandpa curious.

  "Gon. That boy you have been with. You have feelings for him." He states bluntly.

   I stare back at him silently, meanwhile my mind is racing a mile a minute. He's curious about Gon? Why is he curious? What does he know?

  "I do." I respond after several minutes. "He's my best-."

  My head snaps to the right in an instant. Several moments later a sharp sting on my cheek. "That's not what I am asking Killua. Don't tell me what has been obvious for the past few years.

  I feel my neck pop slightly as I return my gaze to him. "I will say it again. You have feelings for Gon."

   I nod. "Yes. I love Gon. I have felt my feelings for him grow from being my first real friend to wanting him as something more. I've spent many waking hours thinking of him. Nobody else is held in my heart as he is."

  Zeno nods listening attentively. "Do you fear that he will hurt you? Do you fear that he could make you weaker?"

  "I don't. I trust him with my life. There was a time he did hurt me. He was so fixated on saving a friend of his father, he lost part of himself. It almost cost him his life. For over a year I blamed myself. I couldn't protect him."

   "I want to be strong enough to protect him." I continue. "The past year without him, felt as though I was only half. Alluka was holding me together to the best of her ability. But she knew something else was wrong."

  He nods again. "I do recall you going through great lengths to take her from us. You showed no fear. A resolve to save both of them. Speaking of Alluka, What will become of your sister if you stay with Gon? What will her life see?"

  At this I lock eyes with him. "A family. Together the three of us would be a happy family. More stable than what both of us were born into. She will stay with us."

   "What of your brother, Illumi?" He asks. "I've heard what he has to say many times. He cares about you, but has a deep hatred of Gon. He thinks Gon will make you weak. That you deserve someone better. An assassin."

  "I gave up the assassin life. You all know this! He just wants me back under his control. I'm sure he wants to control Alluka as well."

  "I will ask you this finally. Are you confident, that Gon feels the same? That he will go to the same lengths as you?"

  "With every fiber of my being. Knowing him, if he's woken up and saw that I was gone, he would already be on his way here. Wether or not he thinks I was taken or came here of my own free will, that I can't say."

   Zeno nods once more and stands. "Hisoka! Undo your bindings on him!" He calls out into the empty room. Within seconds my hands are freed and I stand. "I'll be taking everything you have said to me, Killua, as a promise. If any of them should be broken. There will be punishment."

   I tilt my head at him mildly confused. "You are free to go. You and Alluka both. I'll attempt to restrain Illumi, but he's stubborn. When I sent Hisoka to get you, Illumi was also heading there."

   "But what about my parents? What will they have to say?"

  "Do you really care?" Zeno asks smirking. He has a point. "Your father might be the head of the family, but I'm still above him. I give an order and he will usually listen."

   I shrug at this and Zeno simply shakes his head tiredly. "The entire situation has had me conflicted Killua. You are born into the greatest family of assassins yet you happily turn it away." He opens the door letting me exit first.

    "I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tiny bit proud. I may have left this life once before long ago. But it was so profitable."

  I grin. Of the entire family grandpa Zeno is usually the most agreeable. We walk down the hall but stop at Millukis room. "Why are we stopping?"

"He's been keeping an eye on your sister. As well as your group. He can also open the door to Allukas room."

"More like cell." I think to myself as we enter. Milluki turns to see us and jumps upon seeing me. "Killua?? What? When?"

"It's none of your concern Milluki, just show us the cameras." Zeno orders.

"Fine fine but I was about to get you and dad."

"Why?"

Milluki points to the screen that shows the front gate. The first three doors were missing. "Killuas friend just barged in here. Instead of pushing the gates he kinda punched them off. With one hit."

"Ohhh yeah...he's pissed." I rub the back of my head worriedly.

(Authors notes: Hello my friends! Once again I do apologize for my slowness with these chapters. I hope the chapter came out well for what I'm aiming for too, But some good news. As of the next few weeks, school is on break so I only have to worry about work. Little more free time has opened for writing. As you might be able to tell, this story which only has 27 chapters as I'm writing this, is coming to a close. It's taken me wayyyyy too long. 2 years for one story? Kinda sad in some regards. But that's a rant for after the story is completed. The finale I hope to have within these next few weeks. I don't make any promises on that. It's gonna be BIG I can promise that much. I thank you all so much for sticking with me this far. Take care of yourselves, and you will hear much more from me soon.