Chapter:30

Perspective of Leorio
~~~~~~~~~10 Minutes earlier~~~~~~~~~~

   "I hate climbing this damn mountain. At least we didn't have to push the gate open this time."

   "Pushing the gate open would have been the least of our worries Leorio. But it does keep Mike off us." Kurapika reminds me.

  "Yeah. But don't think anything will stop him from taking a stroll down the mountain." Meleoron adds sarcastically.

   "Look our concern right now is reaching the mansion and getting Killua, Gon, and Alluka out of here. I could care less about the giant dog." I say rolling my eyes.

   We fall silent as we go deeper into the woods of the estate. Soon passing the spot canary beat Gon with her cane. Come to this place twice. Neither on exactly pleasant terms. I only hope it ends well like last time. Leaving this place with everyone in one piece.

Those thoughts of this being successful quickly vanish as we exit the trees to see Hisoka and Illumi in a clash and Gon running towards the house with Canary.

"Shit! Now what? Do we follow Gon or...help Hisoka." I ask hesitating on that last part.

"Illumi is the one who started all of this. And Hisoka is kind of on our side. He's a pain but we do owe him."

I groan. "Would it kill you to be wrong sometimes? Even still how are we supposed to get close? I don't feel like getting cut to shreds by flying cards and turned into a human pincushion."

"You don't have to." Meleoron says behind us. "Stay nearby enough to keep Illumis attention on you and Hisoka. I'll use perfect plan to get behind him and get on his back. I may be able to pin him."

   "That's not a horrible plan." Kurapika admits. "But are you strong enough to pin him?"

  "Most likley not. But if I can slow him down that will give Hisoka an opening to take him down."

  "You realize you could die doing this right?" I ask. "We already lost one friend and I don't intend to have another throw his life away."

  He shrugs it off. "What's more important? A talking lizard man who can turn invisible, or two of the strongest licensed hunters? Killua and Gon have done a lot for me. If it costs my life so be it."

"Do you really want to put them through that? Losing another friend? As if they haven't gone through enough hell."

  "But my life next to theirs. Or even Killuas sister. If I die, they can move on. If one of them does. Or if his sister dies, they won't be able to. Their time would end there. If I live, they can scold me all they want. If I don't, just make sure they bring good sake and my favorite cigarettes to my grave." He grins before vanishing.

  "Son of a bitch." I hang my head. "He's made the decision for us. Better to play along and hope for the best."

  Kurapika nods sullenly. "Let's go."

  We dash over closer to the fighting. Hisoka glances towards us for a moment. But so does Illumi. But neither having much attention to us.

   "Do we have anything to throw? Any weapon at all?"

   Kurapika shakes his head. "My chains only really work on spiders. Last I checked Illumi isn't one of them. So if I use chain jail I'll die. Judgment chain and Drowsing chain I risk hitting Hisoka or Meleoron."

   "Just swing your dowsing chain close. Maybe it will be enough of a distraction for Illumi to get off balance." I say drawing my pocket knife.

   "And what do you plan to do?"

  "I've got a knife and I've got nen. My ability isn't really intended for combat but I punched Ging so why not." I focus my energy towards my hand holding the knife and a small portal opens on the ground. I nod to Kurapika and he responds with one of his own.

  Together he lashes his chain out and I thrust my fist through the hole, both attacks come close to Illumi, forcing him to evade more attacks throwing him a bit off balance. Just ever so slightly but I think that's the opening Meleoron needed.

   As soon as he seems to recover his arms raise up with his head tilted forwards. "This is rather strange. I can't move my arms but it wouldn't appear anyone is holding me." Illumi says perplexed.

  In a attempt to move and find out what's holding him, he misses Hisoka delivering a kick to his abdomen.

   Meleoron appears on Illumis back gaping. "Well. This is unexpected." Illumi states. Without missing a beat he takes advantage of the weakened chimera and breaks free from his grip and throwing him at Hisoka.

  Hisoka hardly has anytime to react before the lizard man slams into him. The sounds of bones crunching and snapping is heard as they fly backwards. Illumi takes this opportunity and vanishes.

   "Meleoron! Hisoka!" I sprint over to where they landed. Hisoka lay face up seemingly unfazed.

   "If I didn't know better, I'd say you were helping Illumi in that fight." His tone annoyed. "Now you've let him escape."

   "Meleoron? Please tell me your not dead." I plead pulling him off Hisokas chest and placing my fingers to his neck.

    "Why did you people bother trying to help I had it under control." Hisoka stands and watches as me and Kurapika attempt to help our friend. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to save the lovers. Again."

   "I can't feel a pulse!"  I place my head to his chest to listen for breathing or a heart beat. Both are faint. His breathing is gurgled. Fluid in the lungs.

   "What about your holy chain Kurapika? Can it help him?"

   "I'm not sure. It's healed my arm before but if he has a punctured lung, for all we know it could heal and the fluid will remain."

   "Better fluid than a collapsed lung. We have to give it a shot."

  He nods, and his eyes turn scarlet. The cross lowers from his finger and lays on Meleorons chest. The green light it emanates glowing bright. Pressing my ear against his body I can hear his heart beat becoming more steady. Stronger.

   The light stops glowing and the chain recedes. "Is it finished?"

   Kurapika nods.

  "From what I can hear the fluid is still in his lungs. Get him on his side. Hopefully he will cough it up. Or what I'm hearing is a result of all the smoking he does. We will have to wait until he wakes."