Chapter:20

Perspective of Kurapika

     I look over to Ikalgo and Meleoron. "What do you guys make of the situation?" I ask. "Honestly it's all messed up. I can't really give the best opinion on families." Meleoron says. "I only have faint memory. But even I know family shouldn't treat each other like that."

    "His family is insane. Every single one of them is an assassin except for Alluka. Their butlers are insanely strong as well." Leorio explains. "They have high expectations for Killua and want him to lead the family."

   "Can you blame him for running off? Who wants their entire life chosen for them?" Ikalgo says annoyed. "Do we know anyone who would be strong enough to take them on head to head?" I shake my head.

   "As far as I'm aware none. We don't even know their nen abilities." Leorio nudges me. "We may not but I'm sure Killua does. We know what Illumi can do." He reminds me.

   "That's true. Hisoka might be able to help. We have to wait for him to send a message saying where he is."

   "What about our own powers? Killua has his electricity, Gon has his jajanken, Meleoron has perfect plan. And you have your chains Kurapika." Leorio says before turning to Ikalgo. "But yours I don't think I've been told."

    "Well I can alter an arm into a gun and make bullets I can shoot out with high air pressure. But my other ability is living dead dolls. I can take control of a corpse given that it's not too damaged. If they are a nen user I'm able to use their abilities." He explains.

   "That's...unsettling." Leorio says somewhat disturbed. "That's a good ability but I don't think it will be the most useful here. We don't have a spare corpse lying around."

   We all go silent trying to think of something but we are all struggling. To infiltrate the Zoldyck home wont be easy. They are some of the strongest nen users in the world. "I've got nothing." Meleoron says.

    "My invisibility won't be the greatest help since I have to hold my breath. The moment I release it I'll be detected and probably dead in a instant."

    "Hisoka is our best bet for this." I say. "But until we hear something we have to wait."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                        Perspective of Illumi

   I look down at my phone reading Hisokas message. He will be coming here soon.

Illumi
What happened to staying there and keeping watch?

Hisoka
No need to stay. You played your hand. Killua won't have a choice but to do as you say.

Illumi
No reason for you to be here either. Or are you just bored?

Hisoka
I can't hide anything from you can I? ♣️♥️

I sigh and rub my eyes. Of course he's bored. He would rather be here among strong people.

Illumi
Fine. Just hurry up and get here.

I pocket my phone and look out from the porch. The sun making its journey into the sky. An ever present fog over the forest below. I turn and return inside and make my way to fathers room.

The stone hallways are quiet as ever. The flames on the wall causing my shadow to stretch and distort. "Illumi."

I turn around and see Grandpa Zeno. "Ah Hello grandfather." He walks closer and looks up at me. "Why didn't you dispose of the boy?" He asks flatly. "I decided to take the course that results in having both Alluka and Killua home."

   "I see." He says before going silent as if thinking. "Perhaps it is best you didn't." He turns and walks back the way he came. "Why not?"

   He turns and looks at me. "I may have an idea. When Killua returns, send him to me." And with that he continues on his way.

   Does he have a change of heart? Or perhaps his age is making him soft. Maybe grandfather would like to do it himself to teach Killua a lesson. I shrug it off and resume making my way to father.

   I knock on the door upon my arrival and wait. "Come in." His voice calls from beyond the door. I open and step inside. He is sitting on his pillow like couch in the back of the room. His guard dog pokes its head up upon my entry.

   "Why did you return with Alluka and not Killua?" He asks. "I figured it the best course of action. Killua would have put up too much of a fight along with his friends. Taking her removes that fight." I say matter of factly.

    "And you are certain Killua will come?"

   "I am. He cares too much for her. Killua is weak." I say. "Watch your tongue Illumi." He says glaring at me.

    "You know Killua will eventually surpass you. He's the farthest thing from weak. I have a feeling your plan won't go as you anticipate." I remain silent. "We will see what he does. For now you go check with Milluki. He was saying Alluka was acting strange." He waves his hand dismissing me. "And Illumi, when did you start addressing Alluka as she? We both know you don't have a sister." I freeze for a moment. After watching Killua for so long I must have started to think she like him. "I'm not sure." I say before exiting.

I hastily make my way to Milluki hoping Alluka hasn't tried anything. I slam open his door soon reaching the room and walk over to his set up. "Did you really need to slam the door Illu-nii?" He asks me annoyed.

"Depends. You told father Alluka was acting strange."

He gestures to the screen. "He has been throwing a tantrum and destroying everything in the room. Even searching for a way out. He's typically so quiet and calm." I watch the camera feed and sure enough the child has destroyed several stuffed animals and damaged the bed.

"They won't escape. All the air ducts are out of their reach and too small to squeeze through." We keep watching the screen as Alluka turns her attention to the camera.

"Let me out! Take me back to Killua right now!" She stomps her foot angrily pouting. I press the intercom button. "Killu will be joining us soon. He will return to the mountain and the family will be as it should."

She picks up and throws several stuffed animals at the camera in what seems to be an attempt to damage it. "He has a temper like Killua." Milluki says to me.

"I suppose that's what happens when you spend a year with him. Why did you bring him back here again?"

I sigh and rub my eyes tired of explaining. "It's the most effective way to bring Killua home. You control one of them, you control both of them."

He shrugs. "Makes sense I guess." He turns back to his computer typing away. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to release a some sleeping gas and make them sleep for a while. His screaming and shit are annoying me and distracting me from my games." He taps the enter key on his keyboard and gas starts to enter the room.

Within seconds Alluka falls onto some of the stuffed animals fast asleep. "Finally some quiet." He sighs. "I'll keep you updated if anything changes, Illu-nii."

I nod and leave the room. Did I make the right choice of kidnapping Alluka over Killua? In the short term no. But I aim for the long term and I know this is the best course of action.

How soon will Killua come? I would guess 2-3 days at most. He will spend the first few hoping to plot a rescue mission but will inevitably give up on the plan and turn himself over to me. He knows it's hopeless. He knows his friends would die if they fought us.

"I win this time killu."

(Authors note. Finally hit 20 chapters! Took me long enough. Right now story wise I'm only focusing on This story right now. I want to get some chapters flowing out more consistently but I like to take my time and make sure they good. At least to the best of my ability...I hope. Anyway, gimme your thoughts and I hope you still enjoying!