Chapter:4 The Message

Perspective of Killua

~~~~~~~~~12 Hours Earlier~~~~~~~~~~
"Hold on Alluka, I need to do something before we head out," I say trying to steady myself. She nods and I let her finish eating. I rest my elbows on the table and hold my head in my hands. "How can this happen?.."I think to myself. I pick my head up and examine my hands. "They say fate brings people together. Some by chance, others by that little red string. I never believed such stories before. But now... Could mine be attached to Gon?"

10 minutes later, Alluka and I are back in the elevator heading back to the room. "Onīsan?" She looks up at me, a concerned expression on her face. "Are you ok? I can hear your heartbeat from here." I take a deep breath to try and slow myself down. "Yeah, Alluka...I'm ok. Just surprised is all..." I trail off getting lost in thought.

I'm brought back to my senses when the elevator dings reaching our floor. "I'm sorry about this little holdback Alluka. This really just caught me off guard." We walk out the elevator heading to our room, room 1023.

"It's okay Onīsan! I know how important Gon is to you." She says smiling. I smile a little as I think to myself "You're right. I just wish I understood my own feelings for him." I grab at my shirt above my heart. Why does my heart race for him like that? I should only be thinking of him as my friend..so why do I want him as more?

I grab the room key from my pocket and open the door letting Alluka in first. I follow closing the door behind me. "Where are they?" I ask myself. "I know I saw some earlier." I scan the room and spot the pen and notepad on the nightstand. I walk over and grab them before sitting at the table.

"Okay, Killua. It's just a simple letter. You have done things easier than this." I think. But I was already wrong. What do I say? "Onīsan," Alluka says dragging me from my thoughts. "Don't be so worried!" She says happily. "Gon will be happy to see you. We can place the letter in the crack in the door and he will see it when he gets back." She rubs my back reassuringly.

I nod and smile. "Right. I'll try and get this done quick." I just need to tell him about our room and to come to visit. I don't need to be expressing all my feelings at once. I put the pen to the paper and write what feels natural.

Gon,
When you see this please come to room 1023. We are your downstairs neighbor and have a surprise for you. An old friend wants to say hi.

I read the letter back to myself and sigh. "It sounds like a trap, but I really do want to surprise him." I think to myself. I fold the letter standing up and head towards the door. "I'll be right back Alluka. Don't let anyone in unless it's me." She nods and turns her attention back to the tv.

I walk down to the elevators and press the button. "I hope Gon comes back soon. Though I doubt it."

~~~~~~~~~~4 Hours later~~~~~~~~~~
Alluka hugs onto my arm as we begin to walk through a crowd in the busier part of the city. "Hang on Alluka. I don't want to lose you in this sea of people." She nods and hugs tighter. I continue to push and squeeze through the horde of people. "I couldn't do this every day." I think to myself. "Too many people. I could never live in the city. Almost makes me miss the mansion on Kukuroo mountain." Almost being the keyword. I don't like this many people but I don't like complete isolation either.

What I really want is a nice little house. A place for me and Gon. A place I can have him all to myself. I want to look into his warm amber eyes and feel safe as he takes me in his strong arms. I want to feel his soft, perfect lips on mine in a tender kiss as we sit by a fire. To feel like we are the only two people in the world.

"Onīsan?" Alluka giggles. "What are you thinking about? You look really happy." I jump a bit in surprise being brought back into reality. I only now realize that I had been smiling and blushing like an idiot while walking through this crowd. "Shit! I can't be getting lost thinking about Gon in public!" I think, scolding myself.

"It's nothing Alluka. Just reliving some old memories." I say to her. She raises an eyebrow at me. "I don't believe you. Something doesn't either." I hang my head a little for lying to Alluka and Something. They both know how to read me like a book. "Ok..ok. I'll tell you later ok, Alluka? It is something I do need to get off my chest."

"Promise?" She asks putting out her pinky. "I promise," I say linking my pinky with hers. "Pinky swear made. Whoever breaks their promise has to swallow a thousand needles. Sealed with a kiss!" We say together putting our thumbs together for the kiss. I smile remembering Gon teaching me that.

We got a few looks from bystanders around us but they all had a warm feeling about them. Alluka smiles before going around my back and jumping on. "Piggyback!" She exclaims happily. "Okay! Let's go!" I say smiling as I keep her up and start to jog down the sidewalk.

~~~~~~~~~~An Hour Later~~~~~~~~~~
"Onīsan, I'm hungry!" Alluka whines starting to tug at my hair. "Ow! Hey! Don't need to pull my hair sis! I can hear you." I say swatting her hand from my hair. I look around the street to see if there is anywhere to eat that is close. Down the street a bit I spot the restaurant Me, Gon and Zepile had lunch at when we met.

"How does pizza sound Alluka?" I ask her walking towards the restaurant. "Pizza sounds super good!" She exclaims. I smile and pick up speed wanting to get there quick.

When we arrive I kneel down so Alluka can hop off my back. I stretch my arms over my head and try to pop my back. "Jeez, Alluka. Carrying you for an hour made me stiff." She sticks her tongue out at me in reply.

The hostess at the front counter of the restaurant smiles as we enter. "Welcome!" She chirps. "Table for two?" I nod and she grabs two menus. "Please follow me." She leads us to a booth by the window. We can see all the cars and people passing by.

"Your waiter will be with you shortly." She says after we get seated on opposite sides of the table. She walks back up front to greet the people who entered after us. "Ok Alluka, what kind of pizza should we get?" I ask looking at the menu. She presses her lips together in thought looking at the menu.

"Can we do a cheese and pepperoni pizza?" She asks. "Half cheese, Half Pepperoni?" And she nods her head yes. "Sounds good to me," I say just as our waiter walks up. "Hi! My name is Cam. How can I start you two off today? Drinks or are we ready all together?"

"We are ready," I say. "We will have a large pizza. Half cheese, half pepperoni. I will have water and.."I turn to Alluka. "Chocolate milk please!" She says smiling. Cam nods writing down our order. "Ok, we should have those out for you shortly." He turns and walks into the kitchen.

"Onīsan, I have to go to the bathroom," Alluka whispers to me, practically squirming in her seat. "Go ahead. I'll be right here." I tell her and she bolts up like she had been holding it longer than she should have. I rest my elbow on the table and lean my head on my hand, as I stare out the window and think about how I wanna tell her my feelings about Gon. I don't know how to explain them myself. I feel confused yet certain about my feelings towards him.

While I was deep in thought a man stood by and his voice shook me from my thoughts as he leaned on the table. "Well, Well, Well~. If it isn't one of my forbidden fruits. Long-time no see, Killua~♣️."

(Authors note. Hey guys! Chapter 4 is here earlier than I was planning. I had been working on it for a while and thought it would take longer, but I feel like this chapter came out great! I'll probably take the rest of the week working on chapter 5. Hope everyone is enjoying the story so far and enjoys this chapter. Leave thoughts in the comments! Or just say hi. Ask questions do whatever. Later! Have a great day!