Chapter:32

Perspective of Killua

"Well. Here we are Illumi. The knife is in my hands now." My grip on his throat tightens.

"So what will you do Kil? Steal the kill from Hisoka and finish me? Have your happy ending?" His fingers twitch slight quotation marks.

"Happy ending? You think this is a happy ending?" I lift his head and slam it against the metal. "I didn't want this!" I say through clenched teeth.

"Then what did you want Kil."

"That isn't obvious? I wanted a peaceful life. I didn't want the assassins life. After the events with the chimera ants and saving Gon, I hardly wanted the hunter life. I wanted to live peacefully. Travel with my sister." I raise a hand with my thumb and index finger nearly touching. "I was this close to having it all perfect. But then you came in. Selfish as ever to steal it all away."

"My intentions weren't selfish Kil."

I slam his head again. "BULLSHIT! THE REST OF THE FAMILY LEFT ME ALONE UNTIL YOU, AND YOU ALONE! DECIDED TO INTERVENE!"

My heart is pounding loudly in my ears out of rage. I'm hardly able to even hear myself think.

He stares up at me silently. His empty face just fills my heart with rage. I raise one hand with my nails sharpened.

"I'm going to run my hand through your face, it will never come back to haunt me again."

"Killua. This is not the time to kill your brother." I hear grandpa behind me.

"Why shouldn't I? All this chaos is because of him. Thinking he knows what's best. Thinking he knows what's right." I answer without moving.

"If you truly desire to leave this life behind, then start by not taking his. If moving forward is what you seek, you must not stoop to his level. It's exactly what he wants."

His words are muddled by my heartbeat. But the message is clear. It doesn't change the fact of what my heart says. To kill him here and now. So that nothing will be caused by him again.

   "He's right Killua. It's not worth it. You know what rage and hatred got me. I don't want the same for you." Gon speaks. "Let Hisoka handle it. Or someone else. But killing him yourself won't help you."

   Hisoka remains silent. His aura remains murderous.

   "Please Killua. We can leave here without more blood being spilt. Alluka needs a doctor to check on her."

   My muscles are trembling. Every fiber of my being is telling me to do it. That I'll be free. Then a question escapes my lips.

   "Gon. Would you give up being a hunter, if it meant we can live in peace?"

He hesitates. In his first attempt to speak its as if the words got stuck in his throat. But I think I know his answer. I turn away from Illumi to face him.

"I'm sorry Gon. That was a dumb question of me. Knowing you, you'd have difficulty stoping. Wouldn't want to disappoint those that helped you get here."

He nods slightly. A worried expression on his face. My own anger softens seeing his amber eyes looking at me with the care they hold. I leave Illumi and walk over to him, wrapping my arms around him.

A tender moment of relief passes through my body. The anger and built up tension releasing bit by bit. That is until Illumi speaks again.

"See Killua? Emotions have made you weak. They are in the way."

I shake my head. "And not having emotions could have gotten me killed in the past." I turn to Hisoka. "Hisoka. Do you want to take care of him?"

"With pleasure~." He attempts to step forward but I reach an arm out and grab him. He freezes and looks at me.

"Then make me a promise. You will leave me and Gon alone."

He puts a finger to his chin and looks up. "Hmmm that I just can't do boys. However, I may reconsider fighting you when you are stronger. How does that sound?"

I look at Gon. The look in his eyes tells me he has his own plans. "I will still fight you Hisoka. Only if you abide by tournament rules and stop yourself from killing either of us."

Gon. Ever the one to try and make anyone he can happy. Even Hisoka. Glad he isn't trying with Illumi.

"I will agree for now. But it will be discussed later."

He walks forward and stands over Illumi. I tap Gon. "C'mon. Let's take Alluka and get the hell out of here."

Grandpa Zeno watches us walk next to each other in silence. I pick up Alluka and we begin our way out of the dungeons.

(Authors comments) so yeah...this one's short and I'm sorry for that. Nothing I was putting down sounded right. So once this is done which I expect to be soon, this will be the only Killugon story I write that is based in canon. From now on I'm gonna stick to more original and creative AU types. Such as Tilted Axis and my other one Timeless Bond. I've been thinking about future projects but we will cross that bridge when we get there.