Taigo Kanna

Aoba Johsai second gymnasium

"Hello everyone I am Ying yue, the captain of this school's girls volleyball team and today we will be taking introductions from freshmen students who applied to the club. Please come forward and introduce your junior high and the position you played one by one"

*time skip* after the introductions

"Wow I didn't expect to see so many girls apply to this club" chika whispered to me.

"It is a powerhouse school, best players from all over the prefecture want to be scouted here, I am telling you we have some good competition" I replied eyeing one particular individual standing a little ahead of me.

The first day at the club was usual, we were made into teams of three and told to prepare for matches against each other, on the bases of those matches we would be assigned our roles and training.

"Are you done checking me out or should I give you more time" Kanna replied without turning around and the sudden confrontation made me gasp and lose my grip on the ball.

Trying to compose myself and hiding my embarrassment I replied "I was just waiting for you to come and join in the practise, or are you too good"

"You tell me, you are the one who defeated me" she replied

She was right, in middle school our school faced her's during the finals and it was a very tough match but we won. It was tough because she was on the team.

"Alright you two stop glaring at each other and start practising" chika said while slapping our backs.

At Ishiko's house next day
Third person POV

"You and Taigo san really don't like each other do you? I'm worried if you frown anymore you won't have a face to model" chika said eating chips and laying on the bed while Ishiko was sitting on the rug scribbling on their notepad.

"I don't hate her, it's the contrary, I respect her, she is one of the players from a rival team that made me enjoy the game so much, made me want to set for them"

"you have a chance to set for her now, you aren't rivals anymore" chika mumbles while eating more chips.

"Well a good personality would be appreciated, I still don't like how she behaves, like she knows everything and is always correct" Ishiko replied having a frown on her face and scribbling more furiously.

"I mean I can say that but you are not one to say. It's actually accurate to say you definitely have a god complex." Chika said this as if it was a fact not looking at the other girl who had a betrayed expression on her face.

"Uh? I only believe that what I know is correct because I have the knowledge about it, I don't believe that it's wrong of me to tell others about it too" Ishiko replied looking at the completed work on her notepad with a slight smirk on her face.

Following day
Aoba Johsai second gymnasium

*wheeeen*

"This set goes to Oikawa chan's team. And with that you three are actually undefeated among all the other freshman, good job. Stay a little while after the practise for the team meeting" Ying yue senpai told us

"Phew I almost threw up with these continues matches, three on three are not easy, especially when you have to receive the balls the most" chika said glaring at me and Kanna.

"Nice kill" I said to Kanna with a plain face.

"Nice toss" she replied with the same expression.

After practise

"Congratulations you three, you are selected for training with the team, based on your performance after a month we would see if you are good enough to be regular or not"  senpai said

"Your name is Ishiko Oikawa right? Your strategies were pretty good, not only you set a good toss you also confused the other team well, good going" A second year named Kageyama Miya said to me.

"Thank you senpai, but it wouldn't be successful if I didn't have such a good scorer by my side, Taigo san coordinated with me pretty quickly and her powerful spikes made it easier" I replied glancing at Kanna.

"Ahmm" I heard chika and immediately I added " also our libero picked up the most of the receives perfectly which gave me more time to set"

"It was a like a perfect working machine and that is what Aoba Johsai volleyball represents. Well you all can go now, don't be late to training tomorrow" Ying yue senpai said

"Umm, me and chika are going to a restaurant to celebrate, do you want to join us?" I hesitantly asked Kanna.

"Ok, but you are paying" she said plainly while walking ahead smiling a little bit and ignoring me yelling at the back following her.

Time skip
Few months after
Inter high school competition

"It feels so good to be on the court isn't it Kanna ?" I said excitedly looking at Kanna standing on my right side on the court.

"It does but don't let it get to your head, calm down or I will hit you with the ball" she replied frowning at me while I still jumped up and down in excitement.

These past months me and Kanna had become extremely close, even though chika was my best friend, Kanna was the one that put me in line, and I actually listened to her because I knew she has my back, she would always hit the ball if I tossed it to her.Being a regular and playing the competition as a freshman has me all fired up especially playing with my friends.

The ball was served and chika received it, it was a perfect receive, the one we practiced for this set.

I ran towards the ball and waited for it to touch my fingertips, I glanced at Kanna and saw her looking at me, smiling, she knew.

I tossed the ball to her and she spiked it straight and hard making the other team freeze for a second.

"We are gonna win aren't we" Kanna said resuming her position.

"It's hard to beat even one of us, I don't think they can handle both" I said snickering a little bit.

"Wow, Chika san wasn't kidding about the god complex I guess "

"Hey! you started it"

"At least I didn't say it in a psycho way"

"I was just trying to be more confident"

"I think you can lose some tbh"

"Whaaaaat is your problem???!!!"

I knew it was friendly bickering, Kanna made volleyball fun, what I didnt understand was that she was slowing making my life fun too.