Heaven

Ushijima's POV- 

It has been a few weeks i have been talking to Oikawa san. I am not sure on how today what it is, i think we are friends now. I am happy.

"oye oye oye Waktoshi kun" tendou said while i was eating in the cafeteria. "You didn't tell me what happened with you and that pretty setter of yours".

"we are friends" i said 

"oh really? i thought you liked her. Wakatoshi kun you cannot be stuck in the friendzone you know" 

"I read that becoming friends is the first part to a relationship"

"Where have you been reading all this?" Semi asked now joining in on the conversation.

"there are some articles on the manga tendou loaned me"

"oh Wakatoshi kun you have to be very careful about not being suck as just a friend, or else someone else would come and scoop that pretty thing of yours" tendou said while laughing.

i tensed up on his words, the possibility of someone else being with her is very logical and rational but it makes my heart boil.

"what should i do?"

everyone is shocked at how focused ushijima is, its rare to see him show any other emotions other than volleyball.

"well, how about asking her out on a date?" semi suggested 

" and no you cant just tell her to meet you somewhere ASK her out " he said in the same breadth before I could ask Ishiko.

THAT SAME EVENING

"Hello, how are you?" i texted her

"heyyyy..... nothing much just going to practise a bit with my brother, its like a thing we twins do and then read some manga and go to sleep. What about you Ushi kun?"

I feel warm on the new name she has given me nowadays.

"I did not know you liked reading manga"

"oh i just got intoit this year, kanna is an anime freak so she hooked me up with some."

"I like reading manga too. which one are you going to read today?"

"Thats great!!!! i am reading death note, its so coooool"

We got talking about manga for another 20 minutes.

"If you are free there is a manga cafe not to far away, would you like to accompany me?"

"sure i would love to go, i can get kanna and chika to tag along too they would be thrilled"

I paused for a moment 

" I am sorry Ishi kun, I wasn't clear, Do you want to go with me to the manga cafe as a date?"

i am not sure why i feel as if I don't have enough air to breath. I check the weather, its normal, the air isn't dry. 

10 minutes later

I check my phone again to see if my message has been delivered or not. It is. 

15 minutes later

I guess she went to practice with her brother.

20 minutes later

*checks phone again*

30 minutes later 

"Hey ushijima do you want to go for a run?" Semi asked along with some other boys of the club.

I glanced at my phone and said "Alright"

*PINGGGGGGG*

I rushed back from the door to check my phone, and went out with the boys for the run.

"psst hey tendou, whats up with ushijima, doesn't he look a bit different today?"

"hmm?? wait, oh yeah i have never seen him so happy about a late night run in the cold"