Amano Chika

At Chidoriyama junior high school
One year before entering high school

"There you go Ishi san" Chika yelled as she received the ball and passed it to my direction.

I took my position and glanced at the other side of the court before tossing it to the spiker running from back making a perfect back attack.

*whooooooaaah* gasps and cheers were heard while the team celebrated their win.

"Nice receive" I went over to Chika and told her smiling. "Well then why don't you treat me to a some cakes for that awesome receive" she replied. "Ehhhh?? Why do I have to treat you? I was the one who connected it and tossed it, you should treat me" I tried saying in a serious tone but ended up laughing which made her laugh too.

"Ah ah ok cheapskate I will treat you, let's get changed and go" she replied while locking  her arm to mine and dragging me with her, not letting me reply to the insult.

Present time
Aoba Johsai high school

"Hey chika got a minute?" I said making the red head stop and look around. "Yeah whatsup?"

"Oh you look so nice today, did you change your lenses agai.." "what do you want?" She interrupted me.

"Why do you think I always have something to ask?" I said pouting "can't I just compliment my middle school best friend without any reason"

"No" she replied plainly giving me the what do you want tell me fast look.

"Argh fine, I was thinking maybe we can go to our middle school festival today, you know all dressed up and meet our juniors"

"Are you sure you don't have a specific junior in your mind?" She asked which made me instantly blush but I nodded a no as quickly as I could.

"Ugh fine let's go but only if you buy me ice cream and stop by my house first, I have to change as opposed to you who already has her outfit in her bag?" She said again with that look.

"You know you are my favourite don't you Chika kun" I said cutely while locking her arms with me and walking off.

Chika's house

We were getting dressed when chika's younger sister coco ran into us, mind me she is just 4 years old and see's me and chika as these two strong superhero women.

This is Coco's pov of us

While playing with coco and actually getting ready we head out to the festival

We reached the festival just to be bumped by our juniors who were jumping up and down in excitement to their favourite seniors back.

"Oh wow chika senpai you look so good and so cute" one of them said while looking at the short redhead.

"Yeah I thought I would fancy it a bit for you guys" she said which made all of them go aww.

Meanwhile I waited at the nearby photo booth to get the photos we all took when suddenly I saw someone standing in a distance and talking to others in a very loud voice. The voice that made me come here.

I started to go in the direction of the person of the said voice until I see them, more importantly when I see what they are wearing.

"Hey that uniform looks great, is that why you are not going to any of the powerhouses" one person asked. "Yeah, it looks even great on the girls" they said which made the group yell more.

I don't know why I couldn't go ahead. I felt a hand on my shoulder, " you can still say hi you know" chika said.

" nah, it's better this way, cmon let's get those ice creams" I said walking away holding a cheerful expression but chika knew I was far from being happy.

It was almost dark while we were returning back, it looked pretty to see the sun go down while eating ice creams.

"I'm glad you made me go with you, it was nice to meet everyone" chika said looking at me and smiling.

"Yeah me too" I said nonchalantly.

Silence

"I really thought he was gonna come to Aoba Johsai you know, I was planning to give him the school volleyball jersey. Heh, even asked my stupid brother to order one in his size" I said looking at the setting sun.

"I know" chika replied looking ahead too.

" thank you chika" I said turning to her "thank you for coming to Aoba Johsai with me, I know I don't show it often but I really appreciate you being here with me, taking my side even when I act weird, it would've been difficult if not for you"

"You are always acting weird, it's the Oikawa thing" she said earning a small punch from me.

"Don't thing too much, I've got your back" she said while eating the last of the ice cream.

I could just admire her then, her extremely optimistic aura made everyone around her at peace and at home, she indeed always had my back, she was the best libero I have ever seen.