First Set

22-24

I checked the score board after Shiratorizawa scored another point and got up to their match point.

It's frustrating, frustrating that I cannot help my teammates, that I'm not playing good enough, for them, for my brother, for everyone who has high hopes from me.

I clenched my fists in anger and gritted my teeth. *BANG* I felt a sharp pain in near my stomach

"oi oi, stop blaming yourself again, if you lose your cool you are no good for the team or yourself, get it together okay"

I heard Kanna say and leave while I was still holding where she hit me.

Well that was more than enough encouragement I needed, and I would try my best to avoid such encouragement.

But for real, I look back and I see my team feeling confident in me and in themselves, moreover, six who are strong together are stronger isn't it what Iwa-chan said? (P.S. don't tell Tooru I called him Iwa-chan coz it's kinda his thing).

I straighten myself up and take a deep breath, I already have the brains to win this thing in theory and with my team I will definitely win this in real life too.

"CHANCE BALL" Chika yelled while receiving the ball that got back in our side of the court.

"Ishi-san its all yours", she said while hitting the ball just above my head.

I looked at the ball and at the opposite side, the other side blockers were scattered, two of them blocking Kanna and one to the opposite side, their libero was behind the two blockers, waiting for a straight shot as the blockers would close the distance of Kannas shot.

Other two members were in the centre but one being a little too much to the left while the other one a little too back, possibly defending any cross shots and back attacks.

Impressive I thought to myself, they really did read about our game play but they forgot one thing, I thought as I saw the spikers ready to attack and waiting for me to toss to one of them.

They forgot that with both teams with such a perfect game play, any mistake is fatal. The ball touched my fingertips and I dumped the ball on the other court with my right hand.

Silence for a second and then loud cheers. "Yaaasshhhhhh" I heard my teammates yell and come running to me. " that was one bold move Ishi" Miya our main blocker said.

"Well they got distracted and left a little too space in the front for me to hit a dump shot" I said.

"Well let's keep that up and score another point shal we?!" Ying yue our third year senior and captain said. "Hai" we said in unison.

I took my place and looked at Kanna who was on my left, she looked and nodded.

The next ball was Ying yue senpais serve and she hit a jump float that the other team couldn't interpret and lost another point, damn I wish one day I could hit a jump float like that I thought to myself and then glanced at the scoreboard again.

24-24

"Deuce" I whispered under my breath.

Aoba Johsai girls volleyball team:-

4. Kageyama Miya
Position- Defence blocker
Second year
Junior high school- Kitagawa Daiichi
Height- 182.8 cm / 6feet
Straight black shoulder length hair with dark blue highlights
Deep blue eyes

5. Jiang Ying Yue
Position- Captain and defence
Third year
Junior high school- The British International school, Shanghai
Height- 167.6 cm / 5feet 6 inches
Short blond hair with brown highlights
Grey eyes that change colour according to light