I hate people who are born so talented

"Hey why you didn't tell me about being the new captain?!" Toru asked startling Ishiko while she was packing.

"How do you know?" I said clearly shocked as I did not tell anyone about it.

"Chika kun just posted on it on the volleyball clubs group chat"

Ishiko hurriedly looks for phone under her pile of clothes and checks her messages.

AmanoChika
Congratulations to the new girls volleyball team captain Oikawa Ishiko. Did a little photoshoot of our new captain with the new jersey on, she looks good doesn't she??!!

 Did a little photoshoot of our new captain with the new jersey on, she looks good doesn't she??!!

"She must've sent it in the wrong group chat by mistake, dammit chika!" I thought to myself.

"She ain't wrong, number 1 looks good on you" toru said smiling but instantly got worried when saw Ishiko laying her head down and not responding.

"Hey what's wrong?"

"I didn't want it, the captaincy, I don't deserve it" Ishiko said plainly without looking up.

"Why do you think that?"

"I just know it!"

"Ishi, I meant to talk to you about this, why are you so different when you play volleyball?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean" toru hesitated then continues " you are not like yourself on court, normally you are very confident and don't have a problem being the centre of attention, yet in the game you do everything you can to get the attention away from you"

Ishiko froze.

She never thought anyone would notice, after a while she didn't even notice it herself.

"H..how..w you....?"

"Duh, I'm your brother"

"You are wrong, I'm generally like this all the time"

"Oh really? Then why did you do an elaborate dance performance for your victory in UNO in front of everyone but denied the fancy dinner mom and dad wanted to host for you winning the finals in middle school??"

"Huh! It's called being humble boke"

"Putting the insult aside we both know being humble is not in the Oikawa genes" he said air quoting the words.

"Are you saying I play half assed during my games??!" Ishiko said glaring at her brother.

" No no, I know you give your best but why do you get panicked during a game when you have done everything you could, this is not you, you don't panic, you don't walk behind others, you lead, your aura is soo confident and shining, but on the court, why do you hide behind the curtains?"